Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into an aggressive tire for my 14 800 I like the 29.5 outlaws 2 or 30 silverbacks... All the snow melting up here will make the mud holes up here pretty deep. How well will stock axles hold up and can they be replaced one at a time when they break? Won't have the spare 1600 for gorilla axles after buying wheels and tires. Would like to hear what you guys are running as well as experiences with stock axles and aggressive tires as well as type of riding you do

·
Registered
294 Posts
The biggest thing about broken axles is how you ride. You can run 30s if you're easy on the throttle when need be. Personally I like holding it to the bar until parts start flying off. If you want you can replace them one at a time. 200 bucks a piece for rhino axles

Also, rhino brand axles are wicked for half the price of gorillas. I had 30s on my rzr with a 4" lift and I was never able to break one or even damage it, and I'm a low range, full out, let's see what happens kind of guy in mud.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The biggest thing about broken axles is how you ride. You can run 30s if you're easy on the throttle when need be. Personally I like holding it to the bar until parts start flying off. If you want you can replace them one at a time. 200 bucks a piece for rhino axles

Also, rhino brand axles are wicked for half the price of gorillas. I had 30s on my rzr with a 4" lift and I was never able to break one or even damage it, and I'm a low range, full out, let's see what happens kind of guy in mud.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm rhinos seem like a better idea over the gorillas at this point

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone else??? Would like to hear what everyone has and how it's holding up

·
Registered
737 Posts
With no lift you may be alright for a while if you don't have a heavy thumb. I am running cobra axles from a local cv shop in pasedena texas. I paid 250 an axle and they have been good. A friend ran rhinos on the rear of his 500 and broke 3 went to cobras hasn't broken one yet. He is also running a lift though. Not sure but when I was shopping for axles rhinos were going to give me a better deal if I bought all four at once. Also if you buy them before you break them you could sell the stock ones or have them fro spares.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
was looking into the rhinos because of the price but leaning towards highlifter or gorillas due to quality ill have to check out the cobras 250 per axle isnt too bad

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
From what I have heard, the highlifter dht's are about the same build quality as Rhino's

·
Registered
125 Posts
I broke an axel I on my 1st ride with 28 gorilla x lites just creeping into a mud hole and got high centered more than likely your gonna break an axel just a matter of when. I did install highliters on the front they are nice I picked them up on Amazon for 235.00 a piece I like them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts