Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran tracks for 5 years on my Ranger 900 and it just turned the machine into a tank. It was fun but was tough on axles, loud as hell, and topped out at 40...

How are tracks running on 850s? Strain the engine? Issues? Like/Dislikes?

Want some input before big ass purchase..

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
I have a set on my 2013 RZR 800 50". They go good but I did snap a rear axle last winter that left me stranded in a not so good place. Five and a half miles from my truck. Took me most of the day and into the night to walk out in the waist to chest deep snow. (When I broke through the crust)

That said I am going to try and adapt them my 2018 Sportsman 1000 XP.

I know there is a company making them for Can AMs that have 1 1/2" paddles. I wished they made them for Polaris.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Soucy has made pods for Polaris but so has Camso. The ones we have are Soucy built. The snow only ones they made for Can-am are indeed huge! But its slides require snow so they're not something we could contemplate.

I've attached two photos. One set is camso and the other is soucy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Here are the Apache back country pods I believe you spoke about.
Those are so cool, snow only would work for me!

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Been running Camoplast (now CAMSO) tracks since 2010, first on a '10 Sportsman 550XP, then a '15 Sportsman 850, both with power steering (a must have in my book). The 850 is awesome. No problems, will run 50+ on hardpack trails and ice. No issues with the engine/power - CAMSO sizes the drive sprokets for the engine/power of the machine. I have had two boggie bearing dry up and squeak, an easy fix.
I have been in some pretty deep stuff, snow and slush. Never stuck, don't know if you could unless you get high centered. Like crossing a buried downed tree in the snow.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
These pics are so cool!

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
These pics are so cool!
I know right!!!!! Makes me want to go out and buy a set.

So now that I've been following this thread and I'm starting to think about tracks I have a question. Would I be able to buy a set that would work on my 800, 570, and a RZR? Or are they built specifically toward a particular model?

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
RZR tracks are usually a little longer than the ATV ones, but I think the RZRs will work on the ATVs. The lug pattern is the same. They make different mounts for all the models.

Looked today for a set of mounts for my 1000 and they are out of stock.

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
There are at least three things that might have to change from one ATV to the other. The RZR might be different altogether.
For the ATVs - The base track and frame are OK, the antirotation hardware will be different, the drive sprokets probably different (like number of teeth, pitch) and the mounting hub needs to match your wheel bolt patterm. The RZR, might be able to use the same track, not sure.
The best support, by far, I have received, is from ATV Tracks.net - those guys know their business and they have great pricing too.
It would take some time, but CAMSO has parts breakdown on their web site, by machine.

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
RZR tracks are usually a little longer than the ATV ones, but I think the RZRs will work on the ATVs. The lug pattern is the same. They make different mounts for all the models.

Looked today for a set of mounts for my 1000 and they are out of stock.
The longer tracks will likely have interference on the ATV plastics, especially the rears. I would think, if there is a chance, it would be the ATV tracks f=going on the RZR. They are only longer because of the additional weight of the RZR. Not sure what that weight difference might be.

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
Cool thanks fellas!! Something to ponder for sure.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
The extra length is on the back end of the rear tracks and on the front end of the forward tracks. As far as the drive sprocket and length goes in my case I think going from my 800 RZR with around 55hp to my 1000 with 65-95hp (modes) they will work great. I set the tracks beside my 1000 and I don't think there will be a clearance issue. I will post a picture in a little while.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Indeed, UTV pods are larger. Having said that, BRP Apache LT pods which is there larger UTV version, will go on there Outlander or there Defender. As far was switching between machines, are you doing this just once per season?? Switching them out, is not all that fast or fun of a job.

Cool thanks fellas!! Something to ponder for sure.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Yeah bp, if I had the snow to justify I’d own something I could put them on!
Prob something like this: E076A937-572C-43DB-AA69-40B919B8073A.jpeg

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
For the folks who like photos, here is a few more. There are 4 different tow machine and with Camso and Soucy pods. We do receive snow here........
So badass!
Biggest snow falls we see here are 12”-24”s.
Occasional deep snow.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts