Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking for a new way to haul 2 atvs & a truck behind our motorhome. Our current setup a is too long for many sites + we are limited to atv friendly sites.

We have several ideals on how to set up a truck to flat tow 4 down behind our rig. So far we have found the most inexpensive way would be the Diamondback HD. With this product you still have tons of storage space unit the toys. Any one using this product? Feedback & pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thor

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Dirt trax did a review on them. My next truck (2015 GMC Sierra) will have one! And AMP Powerfolds too. :)

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I haven't used one, but my buddy's x's parents had one on their Tundra before her dad passed away. it was a sweet set up and they loved it. I may be getting one when I get a Tundra myself, but that will depend on if the wife want's a camper, or a toy hauler.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just ordered one for our new (used) tow rig today. Truck arrives tomorrow from MI. Current lead time for the Diamondback is about 3 weeks. As soon as we get it installed I will post test results.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can't say enough good things about the cover and the company. I bought my 05 F350 in 2004. the first thing I bought was the hd cover. I still have the truck and cover. I have replaced the seals and pistons over time. The cover still looks great. I have dealt with Ethan over the years from Diamondback, They even made me a custom crossbox for under the cover. Great group of people over there. Good luck with your cover you will love it. PICT0054.jpg

PICT0053.jpg

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
I can't say enough good things about the cover and the company. I bought my 05 F350 in 2004. the first thing I bought was the hd cover. I still have the truck and cover. I have replaced the seals and pistons over time. The cover still looks great. I have dealt with Ethan over the years from Diamondback, They even made me a custom crossbox for under the cover. Great group of people over there. Good luck with your cover you will love it. View attachment 11365

View attachment 11366
I love that shade of red. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Those covers are made in Altoona, PA. Great company with a great product.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just received the shipping notice today. Should have it installed by next Monday.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Thor,

that looks like it should work out well for you. Is that rear extension removable when you are not hauling the quads?

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes it is. I am cutting is close since the wheelbase of the Touring is right at the limit for the GM trucks with the optional elevators. Will see Monday!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Will that atv quick release tie down system work on that cover?

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry to say no not with the touring. The quad is just too long. If it was a 1 up then I would work.

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It has arrived. What a quality item! Install does take time. I used about 5 hours total. Here are some pictures of the finished product. I will post more pics tomorrow of the extension on the back & racks.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I cant wait to get a new truck and a diamondback!

Looks good Thor!

Matt

Sent from West 'by-God' Virginia!!!

·
Premium Member
10,338 Posts
I am and love it. Unfortunately have to sell due to selling my truck.
I'm with ya. My diamondback was a great investment. Question are you getting another truck?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts