Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,358 Posts
I see. I'm actually starting the process of searching for a toy hauler. And my thoughts have changed as far as going to a fifth wheel. Obviously if I go that route I'll have to remove the DB.

All that to say removal and installation of the diamondback isn't that tough. Also a buddy of mine went from an 08' Chevy to a 16' Ram and the diamondback swapped over perfectly. So you may want to keep it I'm thinking.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Does anyone know if I could get a DB for my F-150 and still pull a camper? With 2 ATVs on it? And a 6 1/2 ft bed? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Ok, thanks. Going to research it a bit more. Appreciate the response.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,358 Posts
I would say it depends on the dimensions of the trailer you plan on towing. Say if it's a V-nose or has a crowned front may cause interference. Some trailers have a longer frame section up front to accommodate batteries and propane tanks which in turn could provide for enough clearance. I would guess the DB extender is going to stick out 2' past the back of the bed. Roughly the added length of your tailgate when down. I would call DB and ask for those dimensions and make a cardboard template to see if it would hit the trailer when in a full turn.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Great idea!
I do have the propane tanks and battery box up front. But, I'll look into it a bit more. Thanks for the idea.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Our Mighty Tite tie down system would be a great option to add to the Diamondback carrier. The wheel cage would keep the front tires in place when loading and the rear keeping it safe and secure. Best of all no straps that will loosen up or brake!

ATV tie down system for your Quad or UTV

21 - 28 of 28 Posts