Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about selling my kfx450r and buying a outlaw 525s that I know for, its a 2010 and like new.. what am I going to have to do to it to get ready for gncc racing??

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
polarisproriders.com is your best bet at getting some responses, I know of a few people there that race/have raced the outlaw s.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for your help. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been racing xc/gncc racing for the last 7 years, the last 6 on my Kfx450r and fancy changing to a different quad and always fancied the new model outlaw,
Is there anything bad about them? i'd rather know now than before I buy one.
just wondered why not many people are racing them?

·
Registered
12 Posts
525s or 450?
oilcooler and temp gauge trail tech makes a small one that is nice about 40.00
getting them to turn in tight stuff is the biggest problem, dont know if the 09 model is better than the 08 model. i run 1/4 toe out on the 08 and made it much better. outside of that everything is the same. u dont have to sink big money into arms, i run stock arms now after having to replace bearings in my rath arms all the time. let me know if u have any other ? ran 3 yrs in gncc with my 08s

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
525s or 450?
getting them to turn in tight stuff is the biggest problem, dont know if the 09 model is better than the 08 model. i run 1/4 toe out on the 08 and made it much better. outside of that everything is the same. u dont have to sink big money into arms, i run stock arms now after having to replace bearings in my rath arms all the time. let me know if u have any other ? ran 3 yrs in gncc with my 08s
What oil cooler is the best? and how much are they?
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
944 Posts
525s or 450?
What oil cooler is the best? and how much are they?
Thanks for the help.
Ask the guys @ propolaisriders. They've used them. One guy fab-ed some up that were quite good. You'll find that group very helpful on Outlaws and very friendly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts