Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process to try to teach engine rebuilding to the son who just turned 16 I have been looking on Ebay at used parts for the Polaris 2000-2002 325 engines. Since the 330 engines are newer I got to checking and it seems like the big difference is carb, cam and cylinder is bored oversize to get 5 more cc. I know the connecting rods are the same for sure because both have the same part number. I know they use the same gasket.

What are differences you know about other than piston and cam that are different?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found out they are for the most part with the bottom end the same with cylinder over bored a couple steps and cam a little more aggressive and the carb is up sized at tad. Bolt wise they seem the same. Found a 2004 bottom end 330 to replace the one off our 325. Rod bearings are the same part number .

·
Registered
1 Posts
this may be a silly question is the 330 polaris trail boss and the 330 polaris atp have the same engine i only ask because i have the 330 atp and im trying to find the repair manual for it but i cant i did find the manual for the 330 trail boss and if the engines are the same then i can use that manual

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
this may be a silly question is the 330 polaris trail boss and the 330 polaris atp have the same engine i only ask because i have the 330 atp and im trying to find the repair manual for it but i cant i did find the manual for the 330 trail boss and if the engines are the same then i can use that manual
All the 330 engines for a model year are the same. I have a Haynes manual titled: Polaris ATV Repair manual. I don't remember the years is covers but it does start early and go through 2007. I think it was 20 bucks or so. Covers the earlier 325, 330 425 and 500 machines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts