Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen these tires in person or run these tires? These look nice in pictures I have found. Seemed to be priced well also.

·
Registered
450 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Take a look at the Duro Powergrip. Its a bighorn pattern tire and is also got a good price on them. Check rockymountainatv.com . Also there is more info on them as well as people using them.
I did a lot of research myself, almost a years worth. I finally ordered my new wheels and tires yesterday. I just decided against the big horn pattern tires.

seabee78

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^What did you go with?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I went with the STI Black Diamond XTR. 26x9x12 front and 26x11x12 rear.
I wanted a radial and an aggressive tread. I had also read that many people are starting to like them over the big horns.

seabee78

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like motosport.com is the only dealer for these tires. Price is really good.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
615 Posts
I found a walk around video of them on YouTube. I think they were on a 660 Grizzly, but don't remember for sure. They seamed pretty meaty from the video, but if I remember correct they were a bit on the heavy side.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I have been trying to find some more info on these tires and come up empty handed. Is anyone running these tires, any likes or dislikes with these tires?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Artrax Ctx Radials

I just ordered a set of the tires today from motosport, gonna see how they work.:nixweiss:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
CST Abuzz tires. Good reviews and have not let me down. Or for a little more money just go with some bighorns.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got my tires Friday. They run about 1/2" tall. I got 26-9-14 26-11-14. Motosport shipped the 2nd day air for free. I haven't had much ride time I can't wait to try them Plowing some snow. uploadfromtaptalk1393717445286.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1393717460978.jpg

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
They look nice....yes please give a plow report....how deep is the tread on them....looks like a good tire...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a set of Artrax Ctx on my sportsman. They are not the radial version though. I have about 120 miles on them. They seem more square than any other tire I've seen. They definitely dig in and get you where you need to go. The ride is smooth as well. Most of my friends I ride with have the Bighorns and they really like my tires and said if they hold up they'll get them next over the Bighorns. Mainly because of the price. I got mine from motorsport.com for like $310 shipped. Here's a pic of the rears and front. I got the same size as stock tires and they did seem a little bigger.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My tread is 1-1/8 deep. These tires are awesome for snow plowing. The artrax radials ride smooth also for being -10* below zero and with wind chill -33* below today. These tires are great so far.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Going to some riding today and see how tires do at faster speed. They haven't let me down yet.

·
Premium Member
10,369 Posts
Good luck this post has been dead for 3.5yrs.

My opinion bighorn knockoffs are just a cheap imitation and don't hold up.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
You might be right. Everyone is all hung- ho and happy at first. Never hear from them again(most promise a year end reveiw)maybe too embarrassed about bad purchase.

·
Premium Member
10,369 Posts
Hey sh!t happens but I've ridden with guys with the knockoffs and they don't hold up like the bighorn or other top tier trail tires. I personally wouldn't waste my money knowing what abuse I'm going to put a tire through.

·
Registered
118 Posts
So, sportsman hit me up for my thoughts on the Artrax tires. i ran them for a year maybe a little longer. Tread life seemed pretty good. Here was my response on them. I also had to put off set wheels on. Fronts were really close to rubbing TRE.

I haven't been on here in a while since i bought my RZR, so not sure what thread it was in. But, i ran them through some nasty rocks and they did really well. Grip for rocky or rooted trails is pretty good. Buddy was running Backwater Evos and i went through everything he did. The fronts don't do too well in mud since the tread is closer together than the rear mostly when the fronts get bogged up and you try and turn. But i've gone through some pretty decent mud holes on some trails as long as you keep it moving and going straight. For cheap tires, they do pretty well. If cash were an issue, I'd buy them again. But if cash were not an issue i'd buy either ITP Blackwater Evos or GBC grim reapers for the 8 ply. I have GBC Dirt Commanders on my RZR and have been happy with them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts