Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one running 32 inch assassinator tires on there highlifter? I would imagine you need a 2 inch bracket lift and would stock axles hold up? Was thinking about eventually getting a set either 29.5 or 32 just don’t want to have a lot of problems. Thinking I should just stay with 29.5 but would like to here your guys thoughts or experience with them.

·
Premium Member
7,566 Posts
I'm not a mud guy although I've made many points navigating the deeper stuff. With that said there are two Kings in the mudding world HP and clearance. So if you need to go bigger then go BIG!!! But as you have mentioned it's going to cost you. Def going to have to do a lift. And I would ABSOLUTELY upgrade the OEM axles!!!! And don't cheap out on them. Go with a legit big HP, big lift, big tire, built for the mud axle. Like Cobra, Highlifter, Gorilla, Taylor, etc!!!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah probably get the 29.5 assassinators just not sure 8 or 10 wide. The 10 wide would probably float a little more to keep you on top a little better but the 8 wide would probably cut through the mud better because you wouldn’t be pushing as much mud. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m running 2 inch HL bracketlift, 4 inch portals, and elka stage 3 on hard springs. Arms are from stock

When you run quality gear like that, I'd expect it to hold up! Super clean, nice build and I hope you enjoy the hell out of that thing!:applaus:

Thank you for such comment! Enjoying it on 1000%

·
Registered
285 Posts
I’m running 2 inch HL bracketlift, 4 inch portals, and elka stage 3 on hard springs. Arms are from stock
Wow, those portals give a huge amount of clearance. What kind of gear reduction do they have, my Highlighter 1000 tops out at 55 mph, add gear reduction, and that takes away from top speed. I never go faster than like 20 mph in the mud, seems like 75 mph bouncing through the mud and ruts under water.
Seriously cool 4 wheeler. Nice, would love to go to Russia and ride with you.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Wow, those portals give a huge amount of clearance. What kind of gear reduction do they have, my Highlighter 1000 tops out at 55 mph, add gear reduction, and that takes away from top speed. I never go faster than like 20 mph in the mud, seems like 75 mph bouncing through the mud and ruts under water.

Seriously cool 4 wheeler. Nice, would love to go to Russia and ride with you.

Haha, welcome any day! We have great people and deep mud lol. Portals are whith 15% gear reduction (its 3 series from superatv). Topspeed of my HL is about 60 mph. Its because i have reprogrammed ecu (engine speed limit is 7200), and limiter coil in CVT off. By the way, the real speed of stock HL is 47-48 mph by gps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts