Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, i have a 2012 sportsman 800 EFI. It has been having issues for months now, actually sense two months after purchase. It will run great till it runs for a bit and gets nice and hot. Then it will lose power RPM and die. It will stay running if i hold the throttle to above 2000 RPM but runs rough. If i get the RPM up over 3000, it will begin sputtering and backfiring. It will do this when its wet, dry, clean, muddy, dosent matter. This bike has been to two different dealers multiple times and so far i have replaced the start position sensor and the T-bap harness yet it still messes up....... some one please help. i give up and am outta ideas. The dealers seem to be as lost as i am ! ?????

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I would contact Polaris and ask them what is next, they will listen and help

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny u should mention than Indy.... Polaris started a case number for me and told me to keep going to the dealer ! Not much help at all. The dealers alway seem to find something that costs me more money and dosent fix the problem. What next ?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
go back to Polaris and tell them the dealer cannot fix what next

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will take a look at that gtsum, but i would hope the dealers were smart enough to look at something so simple ?�� Lol. Indy, i know that polars allegedly has a good rep for helping the customer but so far i feel like im getting the brush off. we'll see......

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
be very persistent, about the dealers not helping you and still charging you, when talking to one ask for there supervisor

·
Registered
301 Posts
Funny u should mention than Indy.... Polaris started a case number for me and told me to keep going to the dealer ! Not much help at all. The dealers alway seem to find something that costs me more money and dosent fix the problem. What next ?
get a honda. you wont have a single issue

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
get a honda. you wont have a single issue[/QUOTE]

Ya and as long as you a getting a dinosaur get rid of your Electricity and your pick up and your house and live in a sod house but all will be good you got your Honda (I didn't even know they made them since the 3 wheeler) oh ya that's right they welded another wheel in the front and called it a rudeabacka
or something like that HA HA :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

·
Premium Member
12,406 Posts
chk ur ignition wires and coil pack wires for damage at the end of the wire loom . chk ur plugs and connections. if the dealer changed ur t-bap harness i suspect there was wire damage thats why im suggesting u chk the ignition wires for damage.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Im with BP405. I was going to suggest checking your ignition system. have you ever changed the plugs? I know its 2 years old, but I ditched my plug from my 850 at my first service and noticed a big difference in how well the motor idles compared to the factory plugs.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Well known issue for them to Bill the fuel in the tank when they get hot. Take the gas tank off and insulate the bottom of it, especially from the exhaust area. Some hvac reflective tape in a couple layers is usually enough. If that doesn't do it, then I'd be looking into a fuel pump issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is less than a year old and only has 65 hours on it..I did the T-bap harness myself and am pretty confident that I did not mess with any other wires. As far as boiling fuel, I’ve read that before and took the cap off, looked and listened and didn’t see any signs of boiling. I’m pretty sure it’s something in the overall wiring system.. I’m gunna take it to the dealer once more and pass along all of your suggestions. After that I guess I’ll have no choice but to pursue legal avenues. Thanks for all of your ideas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts