Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I have a 2005 Polaris ATP 500 H.O. with the Dyna-Trac solid axle rear differential.
I have two issues currently, The fluid drain plug is stripped and leaking and i have a slight leak where the axle tube meets the rear gear housing.
My question is, how difficult is it to remove the axle tubes and disassemble the gear case. I plan to drill and tap a new drain hole, but would rather have the case apart to clean shavings and such. Im having a hard time finding any info on the web about the ATP. I plan on diving into it this weekend. Im not familiar with how the axles are removed and such.
Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
BG

·
Registered
9,475 Posts
Service manual is part # 9919522 which is no longer in print and I do not have a copy - there are 4 available on Ebay ranging from $50 to $100 - you can get a digital copy here HERE for $10 or (a little slower on delivery) HERE for $7.99

·
Registered
537 Posts
One word of caution on drilling and tapping. It seems that most of these housings are very thin wall. When they go to put plugs in they make seem to add in material to that area. I don't know that a conventional NPT plug would do well in the thin parts of the housing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts