Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize these bikes were only made for a couple years and have searched quite a bit without success. They clearnly don't make a lift or snorkel kit specifically for these bikes however I was curious if there were any kits similar that could be modified to fit. I read somewhere that a magnum suspension was similar to the atp and maybe a 2" lift could be shared between the two? Any thoughts or am I kinda SOL?

·
Registered
436 Posts
A friend of mine did that upgrade he made some adjustments in order to perfectly fit the magnum suspension in short it not truly bolt on.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, that's the answer I was looking for. Do you know what year he ordered the kit from? I'd assume since both of mine are 04's that i'd order it from an 99-03 magnum, correct? I don't know how often you talk to your friend but would you happen to have an idea of what modifications he made?

I have found a couple different lift kits for the magnum as well

Lift Kit for Polaris Magnum 335/500 and Xpedetion 425 EZ-INSTALL #534

High Lifter | Polaris Expedition 425 (99-02) Magnum 500 (99-03)

they look like two different kits all together, what am I missing here?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Awesome, that's the answer I was looking for. Do you know what year he ordered the kit from? I'd assume since both of mine are 04's that i'd order it from an 99-03 magnum, correct? I don't know how often you talk to your friend but would you happen to have an idea of what modifications he made?

the supeatv kit is for a chain drive model(425 ez install)
the highlifter kit is for a machine with a rear differential
:usa2:

·
Registered
841 Posts
My uncle has a 500 ATP, it is nice however I just dont know if a lift and snorkel would be right for that bike. Sure it would look cool, but will the turf mode be affected? Do you plan on running bigger tires?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To my understanding turf mode basically puts it in one wheel drive. Please correct me if i'm wrong. I don't plan to take it swimming but it's more so for the extra reassurance. Especially after today's riding. The biggest tire i'd go is maybe a 26 (has 25's now)...27 isn't out of the question but I don't want to kill it's low range too much, but I will run a more agressive tire most definately. On my wifes i'll stick with stock height but just put a more agressive tire.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

the supeatv kit is for a chain drive model(425 ez install)
the highlifter kit is for a machine with a rear differential
:usa2:
Gotcha...so highlifter it may be.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Well what I was going to say was if you run a 27 on the 500, I would HIGHLY recommend a clutch kit. This way you shouldnt kill any of your gearing. When I started looking into making a mud machine, I realized how much you actually get in to. (snorkel,Clutch,tires,lift,exhaust,and optmizer.) It really does take way more work than is practical just to run a bigger tire.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Definately worth looking into....I didn't even think of a clutch kit. Now being the atp were only made for a couple years, I have read that sportsman basically have the same motor. Any confirmation on that?

·
Registered
841 Posts
not for sure, but most likely yes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anybody got any pictures of a installed triangle atv snorkel kit ? Not the stealth kit ,but the other one they sell for the 850xp ? THANKS

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realize these bikes were only made for a couple years and have searched quite a bit without success. They clearnly don't make a lift or snorkel kit specifically for these bikes however I was curious if there were any kits similar that could be modified to fit. I read somewhere that a magnum suspension was similar to the atp and maybe a 2" lift could be shared between the two? Any thoughts or am I kinda SOL?
I know this was 10 years ago but did you ever do this?? I am looking into it but have been unsuccessful as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts