Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again we are opening up some pristine private property to fellow ATVers:

Tar Hollow ATV Ride, Hancock NY

Ride being held on Sunday, June 1st, 2014-- Mud, Rain, or Snow this ride is a GO!! Approx 25 miles of one-way, well-marked trails on 2,500 acres of private property, with "HERO" loops for the more adventurous of the bunch!

Gates open at 8am, Ride starts at 9am ATV/SxS ONLY, no motorcycles

$30 for riders/$10 for passengers/ Family pass $50 (mom,dad,kids)
Ride is NOT guided; RIDE AT YOUR OWN PACE!!

On-site concession stand (food for purchase)

*Helmets required
*Proof of insurance
*Passengers only on vehicles manufactured for that purpose
*No alcohol on the trails
*10mph and tread lightly in the parking area

This ride is put together for atv'ers by atv'ers. We all know how hard it is to find a nice place to ride locally so here's your chance to ride some great trails with great scenery. A participant at the last event called our trails "a mini Hatfield/McCoy". Not a single person was disappointed.

ON SITE DRY CAMPING- Gates open Saturday 5/31 at 4pm for on-site dry/primitive camping...port-a-johns on site, campfires ok, tents, campers, motorhomes, generators all welcome. No hook-ups. No riding Saturday due to insurance regulations, sorry for the disappointment. Camping cost $10 extra.

PM me for more info/details available on facebook at Tar Hollow ATV

Hope to see some returning faces!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sounds like a great opportunity to ride some good trails. I work every other weekend and unfortunately for me that falls on my weekend to work.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We've been out a few times checking and clearing trails, and trying to build/add some new ones. Even though the winter was a long crazy one, they are in great shape. so far, not too many trees need to be cleared or repairs need to be made...

·
Premium Member
10,370 Posts
We've been out a few times checking and clearing trails, and trying to build/add some new ones. Even though the winter was a long crazy one, they are in great shape. so far, not too many trees need to be cleared or repairs need to be made...
Good to hear. Looking forward to the ride.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We'll be going out in then next 2 weeks with the master course lay out dude, Bill and some others to start laying the routes...I know Bill will cook up some good stuff for us...He's a genius.

Any questions or comments post 'em up or pm me.

Hope to see some PoPo's there....

Attachments

·
Registered
619 Posts
I plan on being there - looking forward to it a lot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Some updates:

Anyone that camps out with us for Saturday night, we will have the riders meeting for you on Saturday night. That way you can hit the trails as soon as day breaks if you're an early riser. Even if you stop for breakfast and lunch, you'll get plenty of trail time/miles under your belt. Just be courteous starting and leaving the camping field on your bikes if very early.

We've had lots of questions/inquiries about kids on the trails. My 7yo daughter has done most of the trails(except the steeps) on a 90cc with very little problems. Granted, it takes us a lot longer. Her throttle hand gets fatigued. Anyway, we try to suggest to parents that a good age for the main trail is 10-13yo at least with good riding skills, on at least a 125/250cc machine. Parents, please come equipped with a tow strap or something incase of rider fatigue or breakdowns. Last year we had a dad/son team head out with the son on a 50cc...they were back within the hour with a broken axle on the 50cc.

So, with that being said, we are trying to get a kiddie appropriate trail cut before the event. It will be something with no climbs/descents, on relatively flat ground, may have a water crossing for fun and a little mud. IT will close by the camping field so parents can watch or ride with them. We have recruited some of our teenaged sons to work the kiddie trail as attendants to help out any little tike that runs into difficulties...

Art's Cook Shack will be open as early as 6:30am Sunday morning with Chef Leonard running the operation. Egg/Ham/Sausage/cheese sandwiches, coffee, juice, Danish will all be hot and ready for purchase for a very reasonable price.
Once the riders head out, they'll transition over to lunch ops with burgers/dogs/chili/chips and sodas for the afternoon...So make sure you stop by and say hello..

Lastly, if we get 500 likes on the FB page by May 1st, we're going to randomly give away 5 free ride passes. So get on over to "Tar Hollow ATV Ride" on FB and check us out. Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Updates:

Cook Shack will be open, serving food on Saturday afternoon for campers arriving and then again early on Sunday for some breakfast before riders head out...

We're developing 2 kiddie ride area for those too small to tackle the big trails....

Look for some new Hero sections that will challenge all....

·
Premium Member
10,370 Posts
Updates:

Cook Shack will be open, serving food on Saturday afternoon for campers arriving and then again early on Sunday for some breakfast before riders head out...

We're developing 2 kiddie ride area for those too small to tackle the big trails....

Look for some new Hero sections that will challenge all....
Just picked up some EBC brake pads for my ride, slap those bad boys on and I'm good to go. Counting the days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts