Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,I am new to this form and have used it to help with problems before so I decided to join. Anyways I am going to colorado this summer and taking the quads. I haven't the slightest clue on how to adjust the carb except for idle.:damnit: I was looking online and saw something about an air fuel mixture screw or a rejet. We are riding on trails that are around 8,000ft and I live around 1,300ft. How do I adjust the air fuel mixture or rejet on an ATP 500, Magnum 330 4x4, and Phoenix 200. Any infromation will be helpful. Thanks:biglaugh:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are you worried about adjusting to avoid damage to your equipment,, do you think they will run poorly up there? I have and can adjust jetting and mixtures. It can get pretty involved if your goal is achieving maximum performance. Personaly, I would test them up there before turning anything. Crank them as normal, if they won't idle without choke they are lean in the idle circut, test drive about half throttle, slowly apply the choke (if it seems to gain speed it's lean in that circut. lastly, .Put new sparkplugs in. run it flat out , ride it like you stole it for 3-4 minutes, pull plugs and look for a tan (grocery bag color)thats what youi want. white too lean, dark brown or black too rich. Most factory settings are going to be on the rich side.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I live at around 2500 ft. In the summer I have gone up in the high mountains to between 6 to 8000 ft without needing to change anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts