Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone, I am a college student seeking help from any influencers on these types of vehicles. My team and I are attempting to come up with a product that allows riders to be alerted when riders that are not in one's direct line of sight are heading towards you. After going out and conducting many interviews we were able to identify that a problem many riders believe exists is collisions while out there riding in the dunes. We're still figuring out what technology we could use, but another aspect of our project is also figuring out how to market our product. We understand is we get this to work one way we're going to get our product out into the market is through influencers, so if any influencers are out there you could help my team out a lot by answering a few of these questions. Also if you're not an influencer but believe you have any important input feel free to answer.

Questions:

Are you an influencer? If so, what is the product you promote and for what company?

How do you promote this product? (Social media, Conventions, Television)

What do you get as a form of compensation? (money, free product, other)

Any other comments you think might be useful for my team and me?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I am in no way an influencer but there is a similar technology already out there. I used to ride snowmobiles and there is a device on trail groomers that emits an alert via a radio frequency. Everyone in my group had communicators and they have that frequency in them. Once you get within a certain radius of a groomer it beeps, once you are out of range it stops. I know it's not exactly the same but a similar device in theory could be placed on all ATV's. The issue I see is that any type of device like this would cause a price increase on the machines. I'm guessing forcing everyone to pay for something, when a very small percentage of us have been involved in that type of accident might cause some push back. But who knows, you might come up with something that changes the industry all together. I think the biggest issue would be coming up with a system that alerts you when someone who is not currently in your line of sight is coming at you and it is not constantly alerting you to the people in your riding group who are in your general vicinity.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts