Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any know who makes the best atv backrest/storage box. I've looked at the Kimpex deluxe backrest/box and also some of the Koplin boxes. I know it's suppose to be used for just resting, but may occassionally be used for a second rider. Mostly around icefishing time in MN. I will be putting this on a 2010 550 xp. So if someone knows one that's better than another, please advise.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the looks of the Wes ar-36, just looks like couldn't use a gun scabbard. Didn't mention that on the original posting.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
You are going to have a issue then with just about every box seat on the market. You could always mount it the the side of the box or make a plate that fits under the box. Or when hunting just take the seat off since it is a quick mount. Best of luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I kinda figured I would after looking at some of the boxes. I like the idea of the Wes with the lock and also the straps for the lid. It looks just more solid than the Koplin or Kimpex boxes. Now which specific box is on the pictures that were attached to your postings? I was on the atv store and it looks like the Wes big classic? Just like the size and ability to put your helmet in if you stop somewhere.

Thanks for your info! I'm always looking for the best quality for I want something to last!

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I recently picked up a Polaris Lock N Ride Sportsman box with back rest and two bags.

EXCELLENT quality!! I especially like the easy removal and the way the box is made. Its double walled with an excellent watertight seal.

I have also seen the Wes stuff and its nice too. The seat is large and comfortable.

Do yourself a favor and at least look at the Polaris stuff.

CW

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the Polaris lock and ride products, but they just don't offer what I'm looking for in the rear seat/storage box. I really like the front lock and ride storage box.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thor, Any current deals on the Wes box? I like it the more I look at it, but it's on the higher side in price?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Gander Mountain by me had 1/2 off of clearance price of all ATV accessories, and I got a Mad Dog rear bag for like $30 it isn't close in quality to the lock and ride, but it'll work for what I need it for. I think orig price was $179.99
it is NOT waterproof by anymeans.. it actually filled up with water after a rain but all I had in it were treestand hanging set-up tools and steps, a lunchbox, and straps. It like I say doesnt compare to the quality of my lock and ride front

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Ed H I will send you over a coupon code to save you a little extra. It will be good for several days.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Gander Mountain by me had 1/2 off of clearance price of all ATV accessories, and I got a Mad Dog rear bag for like $30 it isn't close in quality to the lock and ride, but it'll work for what I need it for. I think orig price was $179.99
it is NOT waterproof by any means.. it actually filled up with water after a rain but all I had in it were tree-stand hanging set-up tools and steps, a lunchbox, and straps. It like I say doesn't compare to the quality of my lock and ride front
I got mine today. WOW its MUCH nicer than I expected!!!

As for the waterproofness... How about a couple coats of Camp Dry? maybe still won't be water PROOF, but would have to be much more water resistant, no?

CW

·
Registered
877 Posts
welcome aboard

the wes box is the way to go
im planning on getting one next summer and using it for a passenger to
just know that it is still illegal to ride 2up if the quad isnt built for 2up

·
Registered
19 Posts
it is NOT waterproof by any means.. it actually filled up with water after a rain but all I had in it were tree-stand hanging set-up tools and steps, a lunchbox, and straps. It like I say doesn't compare to the quality of my lock and ride front
I got mine today. WOW its MUCH nicer than I expected!!!

As for the waterproofness... How about a couple coats of Camp Dry? maybe still won't be water PROOF, but would have to be much more water resistant, no?

CW
when I washed all the pasture patties off the machine I noticed a white froth coming off the bag- I assume it had some kind of repellant on it allready. I aint really worried, just thought I'd give a heads up. I use mine to hold a cooler, and all the tools needed for maintaining fences, and treestands for bowhunting. It will probably come off pretty soon to make room for deer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
and....I was wrong I paid $49 plus tax. I just found the receipt. Still I feel I got my money's worth out of it the first day. I got a camo one, but wanted black, but the clearance sections was nuts. It has all been picked clean now, and ice fishing gear making its way in that part of the store soon. I like the little side bags- they hold trail cameras wondefully.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts