Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a chance that I may have to leave my quad outside this winter, so looking for cover opinions.

I have Polaris handle bar mirrors, and may get a Tall lock & ride windshield for winter.

What covers are you folks using? How water proof are they? Are they very pricey?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just recently ordered and received a Cabelas Deluxe Trailerable ATV Cover. I feel like I got alot more than I paid for. This cover is very heavy and rugged and water resistant.

I have a 2012 550 XP w/mirrors, front and rear bumpers, and a large Lock/Ride box w/backrest. I ordered the XL Mossy Oak camo for $99.00 and it could not have fit anymore perfect. It covers the whole machine including the wheels. The XXL would have been the wrong size, because the height is different. It comes in two colors, Gray & Camo, air vents. straps & carry bag.

There is no doubt you could trailer this cover if you wish. Very good quality and I'm happy with my purchase. I feel most other covers would be a waste of money.

Check out their web site and read all the reviews.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought the ATV Logic XXL ATV Cover off Rocky Mountain ATV's website for $50 and it fits my sportsman with mirrors and rear trunk pretty good. I'll have to look at it and see if there is room for a windshield. Has the stuff sack sewn onto the cover so you never loose it.

I've had the XL's on my sport quads during the winters and I've always gotten black so the sun heats the cover up good and melts any snow on it. Everytime I've taken the cover off during the winter, the quads have been dry underneath and the after two years the first two XL covers I've had are both are a little sunfaded so they are now greyish instead of black but otherwise in good condition after continuous sun, wind, snow, etc exposure.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I bought the Polaris cover and like it a lot. Next time I would probably look at the Cabelas or Thors covers just as nice and less money. If money and space will allow I would watch Craigs List for a small take down utility shed. Or maybe have some of the riding buddies over for the day and build a small shed. With BBQ and Beverage after ..Good Times

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have a small garage, but will need to do a paint job on our finish mower early spring. So, the ATV will get a cover early spring, while the MMM is getting a freshen up for the grass season.

Thanks for the replies. Keep them coming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts