Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody use a cover? If so are they durable and worth the money? Considering button one to keep from continuously pulling my quad in and out of the garage during the winter cause I will be using it for plowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I do, keeps things dust free. But mine are indoors.

I use one form Cabelas for outside overnite when on a trip to keep dew off my seat.

Forget about one for travel... regardless of advertisement. They rarely will actually stay on. ;)

CW

·
Super Moderator
7,132 Posts
I bought mine at Gander Mountain. Seems to be a pretty decent cover, and not too tough to put on and remove. I bought it for our trip to Moab this year because of the weather forecast. Turns out it was a good purchase. It handles going down the road just fine. Never had to stop and adjust or tie it back down. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I use the cheap $20 on at menards and leave it on all summer and all winter as my ATV sits outside, in the winter, just brush the snow off and away you go, and I put it back on when it is still warm from running as that melts any residual snow left on the machine. It did freeze to the seat a few times but peeled off just fine without harming the ATV on my old ATV I would put the storage bin in line with the seat to prevent that, but got lazy last year. One thing I would like to get is a heat blanket to put on it, but it seem's those are like $300 Anyone know of something like this?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I sprung for the 'official' Polaris HD cover for my 500 HO. Was told that it was only one that would stand up to the wind during trailering. Turns out that was only partially true. Once I got it home, and installed it, and read directions, I found out that it is only recommended for use during trailering if your ATV is facing straight forward into the wind. If you have to trailer the ATV sideways or facing rear, it is not recommended for use. I need to carry the ATV sideways on my landscape trailer, so I can fit a second machine on the trailer, so I am not supposed to use it then. It is still a nice cover, but a bit tedious to put on and off. When not on a trailer, I use a standard 7x9 camo tarp with weights hanging from the grommets to keep it dry overnight. It probably won't get as much use as I had first thought.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I bought a Coleman soft luggage bag for on the back from cabelas. On the bottom of the back side there is a zipper to the under side of the bag and it contains a cover that you can pull out and it goes up and over the bag and covers the machine. It has elastic around the edge and it form fits on real nice.
I don't cover my machine when I trailer it so I don't know if it would hold on the highway. Its great for dew and rain when camping.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought a cheapy off amazon cause I will be using it for hunting,They only had a blue sporty when I bought mine so I got a camo cover.Now I just hope I can find my quad when I'm done hunting lol!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Cabelas will offer em up for sale in the fall for under $10. They fit well a do a pretty good job. I use em if the wheelers are staying the week at the camper and for winter slumber

·
Registered
294 Posts
I bought one of the Coleman covers from Walmart just to keep the dust off in the garage and to cover the blue when hunting. Used it for about 2 weeks straight outside after I cleaned up my old atv to sell and before someone bought it. Had several rains with some decent wind and it never leaked that I could tell. It has elastic around the bottom and is not trailerable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts