Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the ATV out on Green Bay Sunday, was out 7.5 miles from shore and set up in the dark to catch some White Fish. As the sun came up I was staring at my fish locator and when I looked up this is what appeared on the canvas inside front wall of my shanty, what do you see?

I see a face of a person wearing a cowboy hat and a jacket with a high collar?

I took 3 pictures, texted them to the other 2 people with me and they told me to MOVE!!! I was obviously in someones spot!!!

It was gone about 3 minutes later as the sun angle changed. CREEPY

Attachments

Reactions: tony357

·
Registered
630 Posts
Good thing you moved you might have been swimming with the Fishe's..What is the vehicle behind you in pic?

Reactions: FPD218

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
As much as I say I’m a realist and don’t believe in this stuff, that small part of me still gets creeped out over it.

Reactions: FPD218

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In the pix the throw-able life preserver is hiding the front flotation barrel, between the two 37 gal plastic drums it adds 612 lbs of flotation....

·
Registered
297 Posts
Atv, frozen lake, & ghost

Oh, okay, that’s smart too! I thought you used the barrels to keep you fish live, lol. Very cool, I bet you have no problem getting threw the swamps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The vehicle in the background is a Snow Cat. Skies on front, tracks down both sides. The cab raises for travel and lowers to fish. This 4 person unit starts at $83K!

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sometimes I unload the ATV from the trailer, then hook the trailer to ATV, install my home made skies under trailer wheels, and load up the trailer with all the gear!! This works great when going with a group.

Attachments

Reactions: OutTheDoor

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
About an hour in my weld shop the custom made front rack was created! The entire rack just mounts in a 2" receiver welded to the front guard. Can be installed or removed in seconds by removing the pin.

Attachments

Reactions: LS6rally

·
Registered
297 Posts
If those barrels where mounted a bit lower I’m thinking guys may use their quads as boats! Have you ever tested it in water or a pond?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great setup and that pic is awesome. I totally agree that you were in someones spot.:eek

If it were me I would have been out of there before the flash finished going off :)

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yes it floats. In fall I took it to a boat launch and drove it into the lake. It is very stable won't roll over and the water line is about 3" above the foot wells with me on it. When I'm not pulling the trailer I install the rear rack directly in the ATV trailer receiver which lowers the rear barrel by 5". ATV has 12 1/2" of ground clearance, the barrels are set at 14". I can load and unload ATV on trailer with no clearance issues with both front and rear racks on.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Atv, frozen lake, & ghost

Yes it floats. In fall I took it to a boat launch and drove it into the lake. It is very stable won't roll over and the water line is about 3" above the foot wells with me on it. When I'm not pulling the trailer I install the rear rack directly in the ATV trailer receiver which lowers the rear barrel by 5". ATV has 12 1/2" of ground clearance, the barrels are set at 14". I can load and unload ATV on trailer with no clearance issues with both front and rear racks on.

Oh this is fantastic! If the quad is under power will the wheels give you any momentum to move? I’m just wondering? Could use the set up as a way to get a cross a body of water if needed. Maybe even to save a person, or what ever the case may be. Very smart!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sometimes I unload the ATV from the trailer, then hook the trailer to ATV, install my home made skies under trailer wheels, and load up the trailer with all the gear!! This works great when going with a group.
The skis are a good idea. I don't know how it works in green Bay but I was just out on saginaw Bay this last weekend and there are 2 pressure cracks you have to cross, going back in there was 100 people lined up to cross one of them because someone towed their trailer out and going back in they got the tires stuck in the crack and was holding everyone up.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The skies are 42" overall legnth, I will not cross a crack any wider than 26" (as my tires are that diameter) that is not supported without a bridge, that way either the front or rear of ski still has contact with the ice and bridges the crack.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks fitsector, Yes, I get a lot of people that admire it on how its used, and they always let me lead the way out in the predawn mornings across the ice!....... Safety First! I promised my granddaughters "Grandpa will come back safe. No Ice is ever 100% safe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts