Polaris ATV Forum banner

ATV Guru is awesome

20K views 43 replies 25 participants last post by  bp405 
#1 · (Edited)
I ordered their Cobra Fang front bumper and their basic rear bumper for my 2015 sportsman SP. They sent them bare and I had Kreative Koatings out of Athens, Alabama powdercoat them to match the Orange accents. They look so awesome!! I highly recommend ATV Guru. I'll add a link to their site below. Now just to mount and wire the 10" single row light bar.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you! John was very quick to get everything to me. The wait was about 10-12 days I believe. Both the front and rear bumpers came in quickly!!

#4 ·
Looks good!

#5 ·
Light bar is on and wired!!

#6 ·
so do the guru's not have a mount at the very bottom of the quad?

#7 ·
I think every bike mounts a little differently. My 2014 570 does mount to the bottem holes on the front for a total of 6 mounting points. To be honest I could do without those just because after my fiasco with the Vikiing Branded bumpers I wound up with one of them stripped and it is beyond a b*tch to get a nut behind there!

#10 ·
Yea they are a great company. Mine took a little longer to arrive, probably 4-5 weeks. But fit great. He did weld a couple tabs for my light bar, but were not in the spot I was expecting, and were not the correct width. But, sometimes stuff can get lost in communication. It took maybe 10 mins to modify light mount to work, no problem.

Back shot after I got winch on....

#11 ·
Looking good!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

#12 ·
John from ATV-GURU was Awesome to work with. I was originally quoted 3-4 weeks (Maybe Sooner) to ship but he got held up on parts for the front brush guards so 3-4 weeks became 5, then 6 and then finally 7 weeks before it shipped.

Yes - I waited 7 weeks and 3 days to get my ATV-GURU Brush Guards (Front and Rear) for both my 2017 Sportsman 450 H.O. and 2017 Sportsman 570 EPS. Brush Guards fits Perfectly and Super Easy to Install.

Think of it this way - I know some people here will never wait 7 weeks for an item and would just buy something else - say the Polaris OEM Brush Guards for convenience. But let's look at the BIG Picture here. Say 3-6 months from now when you're out riding and another bike pulls up next to you with the ATV-GURU Brush Guards. You look at his and then look at yours and say to yourself - Why did i buy the Polaris OEM Brush Guards again? Just Saying!!

Attachments

Reactions: Doc8404
#14 ·
ATV-GURU all the way. They are a solid stout piece. Had mine for 4yrs and they still look great despite some fender benders :devil!

Reactions: Gofastwilly
#15 ·
He has several options, some with grill covers, some with extra horizontal bars, some open design, etc...

These things are Tough and made to fit and looks Awesome.

Plus the AUXBEAM 12" LED Light Bar fits perfectly to give a nice recess look, so it won't get damage in a hit.

Reactions: Gofastwilly
#16 ·
I would have no problem waiting 7 weeks for the guru.well worth the wait.But out of the 5 that I have ordered Iv never had to wait more then 2 weeks.And besides the hooks and led brackets I have the rear width shortened up by 1.5" from each side. The last set I got fedex lost the rear and sent it back to john. I was leaving for H&M in 2 days and he shipped them there for me. Good guy,good service,good bumpers.

#17 ·
Ive had atv gurus on my sportsman for years now and i have to say they are the best money i have spent on the quad the build quality really starts to show when even now when mine are a few years old they are still as stout as the day i received them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
I've had mine on for nearly 2 years and I still get compliments from friends! I've got a buddy with a 2017 sportsman 850 that's waiting for John to finish up the design for those. I'm ready to get them mounted on his quad!!!

Reactions: Doc8404
#28 ·
Just ordered mine this week. Can’t wait.

#20 ·
That's good to hear the new body style is getting GURU's to designed for it! I ha e plans on getting a 2018 sporty 850 and GURU's are a key mod for that bad boy!!!!!

#22 ·
Nice raptor dude! Post up some pics. Here's mine! I actually make custom interior pieces for Raptors on the side. Check out my website!

www.raptorcustomembroidery.com

#23 ·
I'm thinking about getting a guru bumper for my quad, I'm between the plain Jane no mesh front bumper, or the factory polaris deluxe brush guard. I like the polaris one a bit more but I have concerns about fitment and quality vs price. The guru I think will end up being more expensive since I get polaris parts at dealer pricing. I guess my question is are there any complaints with the guru at all? How was install and does it interfere at all with plowing? Added pictures to show which bumpers I was considering.

Attachments

#24 ·
I love my ATV-GURU, that sucker is heavy-duty and pretty sure can handle any type of collision. I've heard people say the Polaris OEM ones can bend at the smallest impact - don't know how true that is but looking at the ATV-GURU - that grill is not bending/breaking anytime soon if ever.

You can get them at Dealer Price but how much saving is that. I say save your money and get the ATV-GURU unless you just need something for show and not protection.

Installation was a breeze - direct bolt-on using the factory holes and bolts except for 2 where they give you longer bolts. 10 minutes if that to install.

Attachments

#31 ·
Good idea. Too late for me but I can zip tie to the mesh.

#33 ·
Got mine on Tuesday.. Talk about heavy duty.. This things feels like it should be going on a truck... Looks great.. gonna try to get it mounted this weekend.

#36 ·
Have you called him?

#41 ·
Yes it is. New website. Looks good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.