Polaris ATV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts
have them on my 2013 850 xp le , friends kids took it for a joy ride and rolled it several times. bumpers held up very well but the frame and cracked along with bars , pod and most plastics.... kid paid for a new frame and replaced the plastics and my bumpers still look great

Discussion starter · #22 ·
have them on my 2013 850 xp le , friends kids took it for a joy ride and rolled it several times. bumpers held up very well but the frame and cracked along with bars , pod and most plastics.... kid paid for a new frame and replaced the plastics and my bumpers still look great
Nice raptor dude! Post up some pics. Here's mine! I actually make custom interior pieces for Raptors on the side. Check out my website!

www.raptorcustomembroidery.com

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking about getting a guru bumper for my quad, I'm between the plain Jane no mesh front bumper, or the factory polaris deluxe brush guard. I like the polaris one a bit more but I have concerns about fitment and quality vs price. The guru I think will end up being more expensive since I get polaris parts at dealer pricing. I guess my question is are there any complaints with the guru at all? How was install and does it interfere at all with plowing? Added pictures to show which bumpers I was considering.

Attachments

I'm thinking about getting a guru bumper for my quad, I'm between the plain Jane no mesh front bumper, or the factory polaris deluxe brush guard. I like the polaris one a bit more but I have concerns about fitment and quality vs price. The guru I think will end up being more expensive since I get polaris parts at dealer pricing. I guess my question is are there any complaints with the guru at all? How was install and does it interfere at all with plowing? Added pictures to show which bumpers I was considering.
I love my ATV-GURU, that sucker is heavy-duty and pretty sure can handle any type of collision. I've heard people say the Polaris OEM ones can bend at the smallest impact - don't know how true that is but looking at the ATV-GURU - that grill is not bending/breaking anytime soon if ever.

You can get them at Dealer Price but how much saving is that. I say save your money and get the ATV-GURU unless you just need something for show and not protection.

Installation was a breeze - direct bolt-on using the factory holes and bolts except for 2 where they give you longer bolts. 10 minutes if that to install.

Attachments

I got mine with the mesh in the middle to protect the radiator and left the headlights open. As the others have said installation is a breeze. I have no interference issues with my Eagle plow. I would highly recommend them over the Polaris OEM once you see and feel them you will notice that they are a whole different animal. I have dinged them off of more trees than I can count and no issues. I still get many compliments on mine.

I love my ATV-GURU, that sucker is heavy-duty and pretty sure can handle any type of collision. I've heard people say the Polaris OEM ones can bend at the smallest impact - don't know how true that is but looking at the ATV-GURU - that grill is not bending/breaking anytime soon if ever.

You can get them at Dealer Price but how much saving is that. I say save your money and get the ATV-GURU unless you just need something for show and not protection.

Installation was a breeze - direct bolt-on using the factory holes and bolts except for 2 where they give you longer bolts. 10 minutes if that to install.

How do you have your light bars mounted? They look really sweet, I've got a 12" in going to install after I decide on the bumper, I'm thinking I'm ganna go guru after hearing so many testimonies. Now to decide which one, I hated the mesh at first but after seeing so many with it it's starting to grow on me. Although I don't know that I'll be able to get the 12" bar in with the mesh.

I've had mine on for nearly 2 years and I still get compliments from friends! I've got a buddy with a 2017 sportsman 850 that's waiting for John to finish up the design for those. I'm ready to get them mounted on his quad!!!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Just ordered mine this week. Can’t wait.

Fellas the bumpers look sweet, i hope to have mine next week, i would have had it this week but a little mishap, no biggie, its worth the wait, i did have him add a winch hook underneath the top bar, you know so i don't have to dig in the mud for the hook?

Fellas the bumpers look sweet, i hope to have mine next week, i would have had it this week but a little mishap, no biggie, its worth the wait, i did have him add a winch hook underneath the top bar, you know so i don't have to dig in the mud for the hook?
Good idea. Too late for me but I can zip tie to the mesh.

Got mine on Tuesday.. Talk about heavy duty.. This things feels like it should be going on a truck... Looks great.. gonna try to get it mounted this weekend.

You guys have me excited about ordering a bumper for my 570. Wife wants one but she can't make up her mind, so I may get mine first. Thanks for all the input - more pictures! Beast I am interested in yours with the bumper hook as I have had issues with stock location and would like to relocate.
Thanks.

Reactions: Doc8404
Ordered my bumpers in April, still waiting???
Ya mine took just over 3 months! He is busy and never has enough help I guess. But the bumpers are great once you get them.

John from ATV-GURU was Awesome to work with. I was originally quoted 3-4 weeks (Maybe Sooner) to ship but he got held up on parts for the front brush guards so 3-4 weeks became 5, then 6 and then finally 7 weeks before it shipped.

Yes - I waited 7 weeks and 3 days to get my ATV-GURU Brush Guards (Front and Rear) for both my 2017 Sportsman 450 H.O. and 2017 Sportsman 570 EPS. Brush Guards fits Perfectly and Super Easy to Install.

Think of it this way - I know some people here will never wait 7 weeks for an item and would just buy something else - say the Polaris OEM Brush Guards for convenience. But let's look at the BIG Picture here. Say 3-6 months from now when you're out riding and another bike pulls up next to you with the ATV-GURU Brush Guards. You look at his and then look at yours and say to yourself - Why did i buy the Polaris OEM Brush Guards again? Just Saying!!
He has several options, some with grill covers, some with extra horizontal bars, some open design, etc...

These things are Tough and made to fit and looks Awesome.

Plus the AUXBEAM 12" LED Light Bar fits perfectly to give a nice recess look, so it won't get damage in a hit.
LKNGOOD,

How did you mount the light bar like you did. I want to do same on my 450 HO with ATV Guru bumper. Lights have same dimension as yours.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.