Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thor,
We spoke briefly about your atv hitch last night. I did have one more question...
What is the distance from the centerline of the hitchpin to the centerline of the hole for the ball installation?
Thanks,
Kinny

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
The manual states it can only be 4". I couldn't find any that short at the auto stores, so I ended up buying a genuine Polaris one. Thor's store has a nice 3-way hitch, but it said it was sold out when I looked at it awhile ago.

Hey! Looking for a Towing Hitch for your ATV?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The manual states it can only be 4". I couldn't find any that short at the auto stores, so I ended up buying a genuine Polaris one. [/url]
Yeah, that is where the question came from. It also seems to me that it would be beneficial to have more material inserted beyond the hitch pin (towards the front of the PWC) than most automotive hitches provide. I too have been having a tough time finding a hitch that meets the 4" limit. between the pin and ball mounting centerline.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW. Thank goodness it is Friday. I had a 2006 Kawasiki Jet Ski STX 15F for three years. Had to sell it once I realized I was visiting the Chiropractor pretty much every week after hard play session on the water. It was not too bad when I was out by myself, but when kids wanted to ride, the ability to stand up and allow the legs to absorb the abuse goes away.

Yes, I meant ATV....

·
Premium Member
3,843 Posts
The meat (where you slide it into the quad) from the end to the pin hole is 1 3/4 inches. The shaft length of 9 inches. Total length of shaft from end to end of the lip for lawn trailers is 11 inches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts