Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found plans to make a grader blade for my atv, I think it'd be easy enough to take a old set of disk harrows for tractor or find old horse drawn disk and set em up to pull with atv. Anyone ever do it? Post pics if u got en

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have never done that but i think its a great idea! If you have to buy the old set from a tractor and make it though id suggest looking online just to buy a new one. Unless you can get it cheap. Home depot has them for 210$ right now

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
there is a video on you tube of a guy pulling a disk harrow with a ATV....he was preparing a food plot for deer...you can get implements also from Cabelas and some other places...

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I found plans to make a grader blade for my atv, I think it'd be easy enough to take a old set of disk harrows for tractor or find old horse drawn disk and set em up to pull with atv. Anyone ever do it? Post pics if u got en
I have an old horse drawn disk I use with my 850. Works good. Ill get a pic later today and post it

My S3 addiction!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've looked at the implement made for atvs but they just seem like they aren't made out of as good of steel as others. I can find some old tractor disk at scrap yard for pretty cheap, just lookin for ideas how to rig em up.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
The one I built works great for road work, and would be good for leveling a yard to prepare for a lawn and such. but I don't know how well it would do for a food plot. Would probably go to a disk set up for that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I'm gonna make a disk set up for the plots but I figured where I'll be cleanin up land on the ridge to do sow good plots a goo built blade may be handy to drag and scrape stuff outta the way before I start disking.

On those blades and disk though how strong is the rest end of the four wheelers? Say I was grading or disking and caught a good size rock and it jerked on four wheeler pretty hard. Anyone ever tore anything up doin this?

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I haven't with mine, but I've only ever done the road with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts