Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering the following: my answers are included.

Insurance? Yes

Type of coverage? Full

Cost? $148 a year

Company? Progressive

Deductible? $500, disappearing $100 a year for no claim.

Is their a lien (bank loan) on your ATV? No

Have you had a claim? Yes, totaled a 2008 Honda 420 in the mountains of Tennessee and was wrote a check for $7k.

Just curious how many people cover their rides and how prices vary around the globe.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Full coverage $500 deductible $180 per year with Liberty Mutual. They have been creeping up my rates over the last few years, as I have home and auto with them as well all bundled. I should do some shopping! Oh and that's on a 2012 500 with 0 claims.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Arizona, street legal, need to be covered just like an automobile. Much cheaper though. Been with Allstate for years on everything but switched to GEICO for my two street legal ATV's on the advice of my Allstate agent due to same coverage for about half the annual cost.

·
Registered
815 Posts
$50 per month with $100 deductible. Full coverage including collision

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
$75 a year for Liability and collision. Progressive.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
$150 year full coverage with rider for Elkas. No lien, and $100 deductible with Erie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great feedback guys!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 08 Trailblazer is $105 per year
Full, $500 deductible, State Farm but I got a lot of shit with them.
I Personally would not ride with out insurance, People only worry about theft, But I once saw a bike at a hare scramble lock throttle and ram a car, No on was hurt but the car got a lot of damage. Makes that 8.75 per mo look like a petty payment if you need it. :veryhappy:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
My 2013 850 no lien
$202 a year full coverage, 100 deductible American Family

·
Registered
978 Posts
13 800 efi 216 a yr with a lien through state farm.....what the heck yall are way cheaper!!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Liability through my home owners 60 dollars a year.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine is $250 a year for 12 sportman 500 ..... I have very high liability limits, medical payments, comp/coll $500 and uninsured motorist

·
Registered
450 Posts
2012 XP850 Touring, full comprehensive/collision, uninsured motorist, and theft coverage. $105 a year through my local Allstate agent.

·
Registered
301 Posts
2012 XP850 Touring, full comprehensive/collision, uninsured motorist, and theft coverage. $105 a year through my local Allstate agent.
Wow that's basically as cheap as it comes..

·
Registered
450 Posts
No claims on any vehicle insurance for me or my wife, ever. *knock on wood*

No moving or parking violations for us either. *knock on wood*

Plus, I live on an island with less than 100 miles of roads and less than 17k people. Nobody steals vehicles here, the only way to get it off the island is on a ferry or barge, and you have to show registration, ID, and proof of insurance to use those. If it stays on-island, it's easily tracked down. Not much crime here except petty theft, drunk and disorderly, and the occasional assault. Though drug use is on the rise here, it's still not bad and the local PD and Troopers have it under control for the most part. The worst you have to worry about as far as vehicles here is winter driving, and as long as you have some common sense and 4wd, you'll be fine.

It's a $500 deductible, but it goes down $100 every year I don't file a claim. I switched to the local agent after USAA tried to hike my rate up for some b.s. "generic rate increase for the state" on my 2 auto policies. Local guy welcomed my business for the 2 autos, renters, and ATV policies. Got some hefty discounts for multi-policy, active-duty, AK resident, student... Saved me about $700 a year on all my policies.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts

Plus, I live on an island with less than 100 miles of roads and less than 17k people. Nobody steals vehicles here, the only way to get it off the island is on a ferry or barge, and you have to show registration, ID, and proof of insurance to use those. If it stays on-island, it's easily tracked down. Not much crime here except petty theft, drunk and disorderly, and the occasional assault. Though drug use is on the rise here, it's still not bad and the local PD and Troopers have it under control for the most part. The worst you have to worry about as far as vehicles here is winter driving, and as long as you have some common sense and 4wd, you'll be fine.

It's a $500 deductible, but it goes down $100 every year I don't file a claim. I switched to the local agent after USAA tried to hike my rate up for some b.s. "generic rate increase for the state" on my 2 auto policies. Local guy welcomed my business for the 2 autos, renters, and ATV policies. Got some hefty discounts for multi-policy, active-duty, AK resident, student... Saved me about $700 a year on all my policies.
That's actually really shocking that someone could beat USAA. My local state farm guy told me not to even get a quote (he's been my parents agent for 20+ years.) because he couldn't compete.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
13 800 efi 216 a yr with a lien through state farm.....what the heck yall are way cheaper!!!
Location, Age, driving history, Vehicle Year make and model, deductible, lien status, accessories are all factors that go into determining rates.

·
Registered
450 Posts

That's actually really shocking that someone could beat USAA. My local state farm guy told me not to even get a quote (he's been my parents agent for 20+ years.) because he couldn't compete.
The local agent was shocked when I told him he beat USAA by $65 a month. He said they normally couldn't compete with their rates. USAA's rating system for 2014 claimed a "higher risk" on my specific vehicles (08 Chrysler Minivan, 06 Dodge MegaCab) and hiked up my rates. I told them it was pretty crappy to not have any claims or tickets and have my rates go up. As soon as they said "Well, there's nothing we can do about it." I started shopping around. GEICO was a few bucks cheaper overall, but I'd rather pay an extra $3 a month and put groceries on the local guy's table.

Oh, and he gave me $4k in free coverage for accessories. :)

·
Registered
277 Posts

USAA's rates are not always the best, believe me I know, $372/yr full coverage. I keep them because their service is second to none. That's worth something but only to a certain extent. And that rate's discounted as I insure everything through them.

Keep in mind that rate is for 12months of active coverage. You can "store" your ATV for a few months, when your not riding, and I think they take about 1/3 off the premium.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts