Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here have insurance on ATV? I'm purchasing a 2011 850 touring and was given a price of $310.00 a year to insure. Is that good - bad or average?

·
Registered
139 Posts
That's pretty good, a friend has ins. on his machine. I think he pays like $30 with a $500 deductible. He's already had to use it to replace plastic on the front end on his Kowie after rolling it

·
Premium Member
2,420 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
that's bad,, i pay 150 a year with full coverage,,,, i'm through erie

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slyder does that include if vehicle was stolen which is my biggest concern. If you could give me Insurance company info would appreciate it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know my homeowners won't cover this if vehicle was stolen on my property or in enclosed trailer and can't be home 24/7. Had problems in the past with someone stealing from a large outbuilding I have on my property even though I have security etc. nothing is bullet proof.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Allstate - $75 a year full coverage w/ a $100 deduct. Funny thing is, when I had my sport quad, it was $75 a year just for liability. I called them up to drop the sport and add the Sportsman and they asked if I wanted full coverage. I laughed (knowing it was very pricey) and said ya sure, go ahead.

I was thinking I heard her wrong when she quoted me $75. I was sure she had something wrong, so she said 'Well that's with a $500 deduct'. I asked her to see how low she could get it and still keep it at $75 and she was able to drop it all the way to a $100 deductible while maintaining full coverage.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just did a quick online quote didn't enter my personal info for an exact accurate quote but I got quoted at $117 a year full coverage for my 2010 Sportsman 500...I don't have my ATV's insured yet but they will be going on the policy before we go out to ride June 1st.

Just for kicks I did a quote for both my ATV's and it came to $179 full coverage for both (06 Sportsman 450 and 2010 Sportsman 500 HO).

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks all looks like I will be calling an Allstate Agency Tommorow
No guarantees they will be the cheapest, as you honestly cannot compare one persons rates with another. We have everything under Allstate, and at some point their rate is better because of everything else we have insured under them.
Age, driver claims and past driver history come into play here as well, and like I said, I was paying WAAAAY too much for basic liability last year with the same company !

·
Registered
497 Posts
My 04 700 is $110 a year and my 08 500 is $130 thru State Farm. $100 detuctable.

·
Registered
2020 Sportsman 850
60 Posts
$140 a year, no dec w/Progressive
2011 850 XP
Just got my bill today.
Progressive so far has been great to deal with. 2 claims so far since 2004. 1 totaled Grizz in 06 and just hit a tree with the XP
this winter.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i pay 120ish for my 02 sportsman 500, thats with state farm. mind you i also have every discount they can give me as they insure everything except my life LoL

·
Registered
673 Posts
$140 a year, no dec w/Progressive
2011 850 XP
Just got my bill today.
Progressive so far has been great to deal with. 2 claims so far since 2004. 1 totaled Grizz in 06 and just hit a tree with the XP
this winter.
by the way,, how is Flo? lol:biglaugh:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Insurance

I had a 2003 400 Yamaha and never had Ins on it. I now have a 2010 500HO and got ins at $80. $250 dec. a year with Allstate. I just can't believe you can get collision on quads, its just so insane that they will fix it if you go crashing through the woods and wreck. Its what they are made for and if you wreck OK we'll repair it. OMG lol. I got it mostly for the theft cause my garage has been stolen from, f'ing thieves. But then again I did get new fishing equipement, generator & a very nice crossbow. Alcohol and trail riding, wow.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had a 2003 400 Yamaha and never had Ins on it. I now have a 2010 500HO and got ins at $80. $250 dec. a year with Allstate. I just can't believe you can get collision on quads, its just so insane that they will fix it if you go crashing through the woods and wreck. Its what they are made for and if you wreck OK we'll repair it. OMG lol. I got it mostly for the theft cuase my garage has been stolen from, f'ing thieves. Alcohol and trail riding, wow.
the thing that bugs me, is if you turn a motorcycle into a race bike, you can not even get theft for it!! but ya, i can get collision on an ATV.

·
Registered
673 Posts
yea,, my step son crashed the one 400 i had into a rock and totalled it, luckily he was okay, got a new one less the deductible. The thing is, the first one was only 3 weeks old. So i was out the deductible, but better than paying for a new machine. When you have full coverage,, all of a sudden the BIG hills look smaller,, just dont let the quad roll on ya! :chairfall:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts