Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys using to work on your wheelers in the shop,
I Have been using the lifts we use on the race sleds they work good but could use a lift built for wheelers but I do like that the wheels are free to take off, the lift I use will lift the tires so they are 3 ft off the ground,
so guys what do you use

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I use this....under $100.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Mine is just like Clinebo's except it's red.
I got mine off the Cummings tool truck. But they are sold all over, Sears, HF, etc. I use mine for servicing the quad all the time. Take the wheels off and the grease zerks are easy to get to. And you can start it, put it in gear, and rotate the front driveline to just the spot you need it to get the zerks.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is what I use I am in the process to make one fit just for wheelers like I said these are for the race sleds but you can stop at any height and work and they are very stable except for the crack in my shop floor thanks to our cold winter and dry ground we had this fall

click on first pic for video!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I might look into one of these also since the XP has nowhere to put a jack stand under the front.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I make them myself
wait a couple of weeks till I get the new one done and I will give out the exact specs to build one
it is just square tubing and a bull dog jack that I use
I have used them on race sleds for 30 years and still use the original that I made
to lift I use the Milwaukee 1/2 angle drill like the electricians use, they are slow and powerful

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I'd say you're set with what you've got. The store bought ones don't get near that high. I've got the Horrible fright version of what Clinebo and other have. works good. and was cheap. $79 on coupon plus 20% off.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I use this....under $100.
I like that alot..i was trying to put my new tires on today till it started raining...(need to move bikes around in garage..lol...) but with this I could of removed all 4 wheels at a time...today i was doing one at a time an greasing also...that lift would have sped it up lots.....may have to use my 20% off at HF...lol....

·
Registered
434 Posts
That's a slick set up Indy. I may have to build one of those too. I have to find out what a bull dog jack is first. Lol

I picked up one of the aluminum HF jacks a while back. It works great and lifts my ten ton Polaris with ease. Only 20" of lift though, which gets the tires maybe 3" off the ground. Dirt Wheels has an article of it in the March 2014 issue that's out now.

1500 lb. Lightweight Aluminum Motorcycle Lift

·
Registered
679 Posts
That's a slick set up Indy. I may have to build one of those too. I have to find out what a bull dog jack is first. Lol

I picked up one of the aluminum HF jacks a while back. It works great and lifts my ten ton Polaris with ease. Only 20" of lift though, which gets the tires maybe 3" off the ground. Dirt Wheels has an article of it in the March 2014 issue that's out now.

1500 lb. Lightweight Aluminum Motorcycle Lift
Couldn't you add some wood on the top of these cheap lifts to get it off the ground more? Say two 8x8's with 3/4" plywood on top? It would get it closer to 11" off the ground, maybe?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Indy, is this the plans you use?
Build your own Sled Lift
So I guess a bulldog jack is just a trailer jack with the hand crank removed. I am really liking this idea. Thinking I may incorporate some heavy duty casters to make it movable once lifted.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I put two 4x4 boards on my HF lift and it gets my XPs plenty high. Put it on jack stands then remove the lift and get to work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
How long is the throw or ram length on them clys.
I will have to extend it to see. It is sold as a direct replacement for the standard HF cherry picker. It was $50 on sale when I got it. I had a Yamaha Apex sled when I built it and that thing was a tank. Raised it lots of times. I'll see of I can look up the cylinder throw. EW

·
Registered
27 Posts
The one I linked in my post above lists 17 1/2". I not sure mine was that heavy duty though and it was only $50. I'm betting it was one size smaller than the one I linked. EW

1 - 19 of 19 Posts