Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you use to clean and shine your ATV?

I've heard some people say they use furniture polish and a few other things.

I use ICE Wax made by turtle wax. It's fantastic and is designed to used on just about everything. I use it on the paint, plastic, composite racks, seat, head lights and floor boards. It doesn't leave white residue, even on black plastic! I use it on my truck and both my ATV's. One is painted and the other is colored plastic. They both come out looking great but the painted one shines more because of the paint.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Tough audience pcmr.:werd: I use pledge also but I like the idea of no white residue on the black plastic might give it a try thanks

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I wash mine down after every ride and usually every other ride she gets a good thick coat of Megiuar's NXT 2.0 Wax. Now that their Ultimate series has been out for a bit, its hard finding the NXT 2.0 in paste form so just been using the liquid and let it dry really well before buffing it off. Water/dust just beads up and rolls off, then towel dry! As for the black trims, I just use a towel with some fluid film soaked into it; gives a nice new-looking sheen and helps with the dust/mud/snow removal as well plus no white residue from wax!

Just cause they're meant to get filthy dirty doesn't mean they need to stay that way, cleaning it is just another fun way to spend time with it when I can't go riding!

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
We don't need no stinkin' polish, ehhh

I mean we don't need no stinkin' badges! I'll admit i did it once (polished w/furniture stuff-came out ok) when new but on my shoot'em up kritter lease, it's just not manly! All our quads are dusty and dirty. On the flip side i do throw an atv cover over each to keep the rain and mostly dew off. :lil bored: waiting for a little football!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have used the Turtle Wax Ice on my vehicles and cycles. I like it, its a good product and easy to apply.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I clean my Quad after every ride. I pressure wash the frame, wheels, tires, & suspension. I then hand wash the quad, dry it, then apply furniture polish to the plastics and use mothers back to black on the trim and rubber. I also use Tire Dressing on those meaty 28's :)
I have OCD when it comes to dirty things.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Do you just wash, dry and then spray that stuff on and leave it? Or do you have to buff it all off? if you have to buff out every nook and cranny of the foot well to keep it from getting all white and crusty when it dries.... well can you say, "Holy pain in the a$$ batman!"

·
Registered
22 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts