Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newly recovered Seat for Polaris sportsmans and magnums. This was off a 2000 Sportsman 335. Seat was torn so I recovered it. please look closely at the pictures buying as is and there are a few ripples in the cover.

Seat is 125.00 plus shipping

Attachments

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I put two of those covers on over Xmas '11. Looks like that same two seam pattern.
It's not as easy as it looks at first blush. You need to warm the vinyl, foam, and seat pan over 75F and keep the work area at that temp too.
Line the seams up with the curves in your seat. Start fastening with a few staples at the area where the foam narrows then work forward and back evenly down both sides stretching the vinyl slightly tight and working out any ripples while keeping the seams straight. Sounds easy... it's not. It's fussy tedious work. Took me around 5 hours to recover one seat but they both still look new.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input!!! this was off my parts quad, I happen to see seat covers on ebay and though that looks easy enough! your right its not. I did rework it some sense this picture was taken I will try heating everything up and seeing if that loosen it up some. will post a follow up picture if I gain anything.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Heat gun is 100% needed to do that job. Heat the area u are working on. Stretch and staple. You may have to go back to hard areas a few times

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Reworked with good advice. 125 firm plus shipping. Please see new pictures.
Looking good! Well worth that price to a body that needs one.

Heat gun is 100% needed to do that job. Heat the area u are working on. Stretch and staple. You may have to go back to hard areas a few times

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
Never used a heat gun. Just warmed the room up to 75 at 08:00 with the woodstove and kept it hot. The parts soaked up the heat for a few hours before I started working. I sat down at 11:00 and spent 5 hours stapling and stretching broken up by feeding the stove.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Much easier with a gun. I just did mine in an hour and a half. Not a wrinkle in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts