Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanting opinions on audio tube speaker systems. Which is better...Boss or Audiopipe? 6" or 8"?

I would just as soon build my own, but the price of PVC fittings doesn't really make that practical.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Both those are pretty even in quality and price. I would go with whichever is cheaper. I also agree with you that if you don't have the scrap PVC/fittings laying around, it is more practical to just purchase one of these on amazon.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I built my own. After looking at what everyone else's and the store bought ones I found things I didn't like so I decided I would take bits from everyone else's and make a better one. You can use just cheap ag thin pipe and then get some mdf wood rings and glue them in to hold the speakers in place or buy plastic speaker rings like I did. I posted my build if you look through my posts.

sent from a locomotive driving ass hole.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got the trail thumper and love it!
I've looked at the Trail Thumper. I really like the features it offers. I just don't know if it would offer the quality sound I want. It seems pretty "tinny" with not much bass. For its size though, I guess it does pretty good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I built my own. After looking at what everyone else's and the store bought ones I found things I didn't like so I decided I would take bits from everyone else's and make a better one. You can use just cheap ag thin pipe and then get some mdf wood rings and glue them in to hold the speakers in place or buy plastic speaker rings like I did. I posted my build if you look through my posts.

It seems like thin ag pipe would produce a more tinny sound. From what I've read everyone seems to recommend using the heavier Schedule 40 pipe.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The thing is it weighs a lot more and there is barely any of the pipe showing. It's all fittings coupled together so there isn't any room for the pipe to vibrate and move. Also don't have too high of expectations for the bass. A 6.5 inch speaker just doesn't have the capability to put out a lot of bass unless you use a mini sub.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts