1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I have one similar to that. I use it for hauling camping gear into the mountains, firewood, landscape crap, etc.. I got mine at tractor supply. Only thing that you need to think about is how to haul your atv's and the offroad trailer at the same time (to the trail head). It can be a bitch but it is worth it. I love mine and will not go without it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was thinking about the same thing, how to carry it. Since I'm probably not gonna take it far I was thinking about adding a tow hitch to my 5x10 ATV trailer or put it in the truck...but my truck is usually full of something too!

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is mine got from tractor supply works great around the yard. I have a 10ft. trailer and can leave it on the 4wheeler. The way my ramps ramps are made the whole thing just fits.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Hey how much for that trailer?

I use a carrier but significant other would like a trailer like you've got so wondering how much? :cowboy:

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
I actually have that same trailer. I bought it for hauling firewood out of the woods where my truck can't go.
It is very nice and very heavy duty.

I have drug that thing through all sorts of obstacles and not one problem. I like most that it sets high and has atv wheels/tires on it.

BTW, I got mine off Amazon for $700.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can get it here in Canada for $699. They go on sale sometime so I might wait till spring to see if I can get a better price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
$299 for this trailer-hauler!

That is a very good price for something that looks rather rugged and sounds quite useful. Gotta get me one now!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I know nothing about the trailer for $299 but from my research prior to purchase I can tell you you get what you pay for.
No offense...just my observation.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
for $299, originally $399, I'd better get a damn good trailer.

That being said. I've seen that Cabela's one in person and it's not a bad trailer.

Personally I wouldn't got with a single axle trail for off road/trail use. Love the walking Beam trailer for that.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Just recently picked this up at Northern Tool + Equipment for $199

CHORES1.jpg

CHORES2.jpg

1200lb capacity Dump bed with removable sides and tailgate. Going to Mod it so the sides can fold down and lock to make it a flat bed if needed. Really good quality for the $$$. Got my moneys worth out of it today doing chores.

EDIT I pull mostly off road at speeds less than 20mph and this trailer fits the bill

·
Registered
777 Posts
I've been thinking about getting one of those 4' Harbor Freight trailers to pull behind mine. Add a piece of plywood or sheet metal to it. I rabbit hunt and have been strapping my dog box on the back rack , but it would be better to put it on the trailer. Could weld stake pockets on it so I could add bench seat going over the dog box. Plus with stake pockets I could make sides to do yard work. Maybe even add golf cart tires to it to help "float" in mud.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where might someone find one like that?
I have been searching for a trailer since fall.
Had my eye on the
YuTrax X2 ATV Off-Road Trailer
But would like to see it in person first since its 399...
Trying to find something that would hold 2-3 trash cans but would use it
for fire wood also
Any ideas?
Just recently picked this up at Northern Tool + Equipment for $199

View attachment 16728

View attachment 16729

1200lb capacity Dump bed with removable sides and tailgate. Going to Mod it so the sides can fold down and lock to make it a flat bed if needed. Really good quality for the $$$. Got my moneys worth out of it today doing chores.

EDIT I pull mostly off road at speeds less than 20mph and this trailer fits the bill

·
Registered
20 Posts
In my opinion the Polar 1500 ATV trailer is the best one. You can get it with two axles if you want but I have the single axle and have had no problems with it (very stable). The only issue I have with a metal box is if you plan on beating the crap out of it it with get scratched up and rust to hell pretty quick, and it will get dented up with firewood. The plastic in the Polar's is tough as nails. I have loaded it completely full with firewood and gravel and my Polaris 800 pulls it without grunting too bad. The only thing that that one that you listed "ABI" is that you can get the power dump bed. I think I spent $400-450 for the Polar. Polar 1500 is deep enough that I could probably load at least four Iowa corn fed deer with no problem. Spend another $15-20 on a trailer coupler so you can attach it to a ball on the back of the quad and that way it is secure. Okay I'm done.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
This was talked about in the "around the garage" section recently. My biggest concern for ATV use for most of these trailers was the tongue getting bound up because the trailer is rocking one way, and the ATV is rocking the other. Potentially twisting the tongue. This is handled with a pivot coupler. If you have the ability to, or know someone who welds. I was able to purchase the parts for a 3 axis pivot coupler for <$26. that's new metal, and Grade 8 hardware. Once I have it built and tested I'll post up pictures and build specs for anyone that wants to use it.

If you can't weld, you could build it as a bolt together unit. Would be slightly longer and a bit more in cost/hardware, but would only require that you own a hack saw and a drill with large enough bits.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts