Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get the grease fitting tool for the 2020 Polaris Sportsman 570? These are the kind that fit over the axle so you only have to remove the caliper and they have the zerk fitting on it to pump in grease. I tried two different brands. I got the 40 mm for the rear and a 35 mm for the front. On both of them the axles were too big for the tool to fit over the axle to be inserted into the hub.

·
Registered
323 Posts
OEM part numbers are the same for both years.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Front axles did change from 2017(1333275 w/a 15/16 castle nut) to 2018(1333752 w/a 1 1/16 castle nut). But I still haven’t heard of anyone having issues with that size greaser. Is it possible they sent wrong grease tools?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Front axles did change from 2017(1333275 w/a 15/16 castle nut) to 2018(1333752 w/a 1 1/16 castle nut). But I still haven’t heard of anyone having issues with that size greaser. Is it possible they sent wrong grease tools?
I was comparing 2019 to 2020 as 98whitelightnin stated he has a 2019 and the greasers work for him. Between those two years I don’t see any difference in the OEM numbers.

Reactions: Sprotsman

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Yeah was just agreeing with you. There’s always new posts about guys with new bikes and I’ve never heard anyone say the 35/40mm’s not working!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Polaris must have upgraded axels for 20, my 19 uses 35 & 40mm
I think mine uses the 35 and 40 mm also. Just looks like the axles are now wider so the grease tool can't fit over them.
It looks like the ones I have will only work through 2017. I hope they made one big enough to accommodate 2018 and newer. I just have to find it. At least now I know I need to ask someone about it. I measured the diameter of my axles so they can measure the opening before I buy one if I find a parts place that will do something like that.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I think mine uses the 35 and 40 mm also. Just looks like the axles are now wider so the grease tool can't fit over them.

It looks like the ones I have will only work through 2017. I hope they made one big enough to accommodate 2018 and newer. I just have to find it. At least now I know I need to ask someone about it. I measured the diameter of my axles so they can measure the opening before I buy one if I find a parts place that will do something like that.
Did you find info saying there were different greasers for 2017 and under compared to 2018’s and up? Unless you’ve found information on that I still believe they are the same.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you find info saying there were different greasers for 2017 and under compared to 2018’s and up? Unless you’ve found information on that I still believe they are the same.
The greasers I have didn't say the years they are for. Just said for Polaris Sportsman among other Polaris vehicles. They probably don't even know that the axles are bigger in the 2018 and up. some of these greasers have a bigger hole in the middle than others. I need to try another another brand. I got Pit Posse for the front and a no-name brand for the back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if anyone has greasers for a 2018, 2019 or 2020 that are working for them could you let me know the brand and model number? Also the inside diameters of the hole in them. The one for the rear axle has to be at least 1.08 inches and the front axle has to be at least .88 inches. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Rocky Mountain ATV. Tusk makes it...

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
OP I just posted this in another thread that’s having a similar problem:

“You know I think when you are pushing tool in I seem to remember having to pull axle back a bit from back side as it slides in a little after castle nut is removed. So you pull axle back and push tool in.“
Try that!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OP I just posted this in another thread that’s having a similar problem:

“You know I think when you are pushing tool in I seem to remember having to pull axle back a bit from back side as it slides in a little after castle nut is removed. So you pull axle back and push tool in.“
Try that!
Good thought. I did that but it's not the problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got those greasers from eBay. They work. The bearings were very dry. I had to put about 20 pumps into each wheel before it started to ooze out a little bit. That's why I needed to torque for the axle nuts. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
So both sets were 35/40mm over axle greasers but only the second set worked? Was first set marked wrong? I understand second set was a different brand but 35/40mm=35/40mm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So both sets were 35/40mm over axle greasers but only the second set worked? Was first set marked wrong? I understand second set was a different brand but 35/40mm=35/40mm.
The problem was not the outside diameter but the inside diameter of the holes in the first set. Neither of the axles would fit through the holes because the holes were too small.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
The problem was not the outside diameter but the inside diameter of the holes in the first set. Neither of the axles would fit through the holes because the holes were too small.
That’s what I was trying to figure out. I noticed researching earlier that castle nut size increased which would point to larger diameter axle. Good info to know!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts