Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have made about 3 repairs to my synthetic winchline over the past year and over the weekend I spooled it out and found, that I only have about 25 feet left on a 50" winch cable. I am going to buy a new line, and wanted to see what diameter winch line people are using out there.

I'm considering using 1/4" synthetic over the standard 3/16" Its only ten bucks more and gives you more pull strength. You think the extra 1/16" per wrap will fit on a standard winch spool?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I for one would give it a try I saw your thread and link for winch line a neat winch rope site. If it is too much you could sacrifice a few feet for more strength. I carry an xtra 130 feet of line for winching. winches only work if you can reach a anchor point!!!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I for one would give it a try I saw your thread and link for winch line a neat winch rope site. If it is too much you could sacrifice a few feet for more strength. I carry an xtra 130 feet of line for winching. winches only work if you can reach a anchor point!!!
Good point. I decided to stay with the standard 3/16" line. I have a 1/4" line extender already. I haven't had any issues with the strength of the line over the last year. Just thought that the 1/4" would be a bit more durable since I have broken my 3/16" cable three times over the past year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts