Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I am a newbie here to the forum and from what I see its more for repair and maintenance but I thought I would try. For many years I have gone backcountry camping and canoeing in Algonquin park but now I would like to try and do some crown land camping with my atv. So here is my question anyone know of some spots less travelled that I could go. I am not asking for your honey hole fishing spot just a good remote spot that I can go with my 7 year old son and not get into trouble
Thanks MonteJake

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
check out the "Algonquin west atv club trails".. Its all crown land and is right next to Algonquin park.. No pass is required but a donation to the club I'm sure is appreciated if you were so inclined.. Its all crown land and you can stop and camp pretty much anywhere along the trail.. I ride there once a year with the boys for 3 days and its outstanding.. We stay at one of the local camps that offer rooms, gas, food etc.. But we always come across a few campers along the trail.. You'll come across a cottage here and there as well.. You know the drill I'm sure.. Be respectful and leave where you camped as clean or cleaner than you found it and no one's gonna mind..

·
Registered
978 Posts
Welcome aboard!!! Great forum you just came apart of

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anywhere near Bancroft, which is where I live. It's only 45 min from the park, and you can go for days here on bush roads and see no one.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys much appreciated. And yes I agree and practice the tread lightly frame of mind there is nothing more frustrating than a bad apple spoiling it for everyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts