Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all quick question my winch cable broke and I lost the round rubber stop thats on the cable for the auto stop fairlead does anyone know where I can get a new one with out buying the whole new auto stop ? Thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi all quick question my winch cable broke and I lost the round rubber stop thats on the cable for the auto stop fairlead does anyone know where I can get a new one with out buying the whole new auto stop ? Thanks

Get a rubber ball or rubber cork and drill a hole in it. Home Depot carries the corks in the screw department.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rocky Mountain ATV has them, fast shipping too.

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
The one he needs is specific to the auto stop fairlead. The winch automatically stops when the stopper gets a certain distance from the fairlead. The electrical part is in the fairlead so you might only need a metal part in the stopper. Maybe a washer epoxied on would work. Maybe it just needs a magnet. I have installed them but not seen the stopper as a separate part. You can ask at the dealership. Maybe they can get it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Part #5414619

You need part #5414619. You can get it from Partzilla or the dealer but it will set you back $43.39. Ouch.

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
Yeah, another one of those parts Polaris is really proud of! It is a specialty item though. I have installed them and I know they work with a magnet. I think the stopper just has a metal part in the rubber.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If it is just a piece of metal in the rubber, you would expect the unit to work without the stopper as well. Once the hook gets close enough it should activate it. I'm thinking it must be a magnet in there, or its just a plain thin rubber stopper and the hook is what actually activates it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts