Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 450 Sportsman everything still works good but I could have sworn the display showed the 2wd mode when in H L or R it only shows the AWD mode when in 4X2 there is no image is this normal if not what could be the problem?

·
Premium Member
9,416 Posts
when in gear the 2x4 symbol is in the lower left hand corner. when in 4x4 both axles are highlighted.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought so, I'll check my fuses for failure.

·
10,371 Posts
Hondo, does your machine have an analog speedo with a digital window at the bottom?
If so, those DO NOT show any symbol when in 2wd.
They ONLY show if you're in AWD (or turf mode or ADC if equipped)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it's an analog speedo but it showed the 2wd up until Saturday. I think I know what happened. I went to start it up and had a dead battery so I hooked it up to my NOCO40 jumper box and took one spin around the yard I always keep it on the voltage display, the voltage went from 9.1 to 15.4 and everything in between run lasted about 2 minutes. I switched it off and tried to start it back up turned over one time really slow then came the clicking noise battery dead. Took it to batteries plus bulbs 12:30pm that afternoon they put it on charge I called back at 4:30pm they said battery was still charging should be ready Sunday. I was there when they opened he said the battery was fine tested 205 amps put it back in the bike started like new everything was OK except the 2wd symbol in the display was missing but I could go to AWD and the display was visible I'm thinking the voltage surge to over 15dc volts damaged the display on the 2wd side. Everything else woks fine with no errors on display. The best part to this event it only took 10 minutes to get the battery in and out because of the Quad-Logic battery relocator kit I installed about a year ago.

·
10,371 Posts
Well, I could be wrong. I was once back in 96, but according to the manual for that machine and most others I've worked on with a digital/analog display like you have, the rider information center part of your display (little digital screen) does NOT show any symbol or text for 2x4 mode. It shows a symbol for AWD, ADC AWD if equipped and Turf mode if equipped but no 2x4.
Maybe someone with the same machine will check and clarify things.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when in gear the 2x4 symbol is in the lower left hand corner. when in 4x4 both axles are highlighted.
Fuses all checked good. May have had an overload due to the voltage surge, everything else OK may even correct itself only time will tell.

·
10,371 Posts
Yes, on HIS 2018 570 T he has a full digital display like the first picture.
YOURS has a digital/analog display like the second picture... It doesn't show 2x4 mode.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I could be wrong. I was once back in 96, but according to the manual for that machine and most others I've worked on with a digital/analog display like you have, the rider information center part of your display (little digital screen) does NOT show any symbol or text for 2x4 mode. It shows a symbol for AWD, ADC AWD if equipped and Turf mode if equipped but no 2x4.
Maybe someone with the same machine will check and clarify things.
I have verified it with another 2017 Polaris 450 owner the 450 displays both 2X4 and 4X4 positions while in H L and R positions. This question is directed to Polman500. What is the worst case scenario to get my machine display corrected?

·
10,371 Posts
Uh... Don't really know. Sorry
You might get latebird to look into it. Could be something as simple as a bad connection or ground or a problem with the AWD switch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts