Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey gang ive got a 2000 xplorer 250 and ive just began trying to figure out the problem w awd not working. when i flip the awd switch, the light does not come on (awd does not work and has not since i got it last year). i read that the light is part of the awd circut and if its out, awd will not work. the wiring diagram looks like there is a bypass if the light burns out but im getting comflicting info on this. some say the 2000 model needs this light working, others say it does not. can someone confirm this??? thanks guys

·
Registered
376 Posts
you need to see if you have power to your hubs, those hilliards are notorious for problems, if you even still have any fluid in the hubs your lucky.
Need to find the small wires that lead down to the hubs and test them for continuity something like 24 ohms means your wires are good then you can see if 12v is going to the hubs with the awd switch on, also you need a good battery for it all to work also.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i replaced the hub and wheel bearings and seals when i got it and there was fluid in them. one of the hilliard baskets is cracked and both plates are shot so i know they will need replacement for the awd to function properly. got 24 ohms on each coil.

so just to be sure, youre saying i can put my test light on the two wires that the hub coils connect to and w/ machine off the ground and awd in the on position, the test light should light up correct?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts