Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was plowing snow today and sometimes in reverse I would sit there and spin I would have to let off the throttle then 4 wheel drive would kick in. I know it takes 1/7 th of a turn to engage but this was never until I let off throttle. Is there a bad sensor or something. Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
it wont engage unless there is little to no wheel spin, if you are on the gas it wont engage ,as to avoid breaking your roller cage and some other parts inside your front 'diff'.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have clarified a little more. The 4 wheel drive switch was on before tires where spinning actually before I even started driving atv. Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
I was plowing snow today and sometimes in reverse I would sit there and spin I would have to let off the throttle then 4 wheel drive would kick in. I know it takes 1/7 th of a turn to engage but this was never until I let off throttle. Is there a bad sensor or something. Thanks.
Something's not working correctly.

In reverse, 1/7 th of a turn (wheel spin) in not required to engage 4WD.

The ATV automatically engages 4X4 when operating in reverse if the switch is set to either 4X4 position.

·
Registered
181 Posts
it is in the software if you go from foward to reverse or back you have to wait for the 4x4 light to come on.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will have to check that. I have never noticed that in the last 3 years until recently. How long is it programmed for.. I noticed it the other direction too though when I was stuck the other day. Maybe I was getting in a hurry but it seemed the front wheels weren't engaging going in forward also. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts