Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 ranger rzr 800 awd I just replaced everything in the front diff except the coil and it won't come out if awd even if it's unplugged it's in can anybody help me out thanks

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I have a 2008 ranger rzr 800 awd I just replaced everything in the front diff except the coil and it won't come out if awd even if it's unplugged it's in can anybody help me out thanks
Should have replaced coil too while in there.
Mine did same thing, my diff showed no signs of being broken, but once a certain rpm hit (on jack stands) the diff would kick in and fronts would spin even if unplugged. If memory serves me write, I think it was the coil that was bad. Polaris gave me a new front diff even though my warranty was up. I just had to pay labor for install.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine did same thing, my diff showed no signs of being broken, but once a certain rpm hit (on jack stands) the diff would kick in and fronts would spin even if unplugged. If memory serves me write, I think it was the coil that was bad. Polaris gave me a new front diff even though my warranty was up. I just had to pay labor for install.
That's interesting. Would that coil being bad have something to do with the Broken Front Difs I keep seeing? Running in 2wd and the front dif kicks in, which blows it up.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
That's interesting. Would that coil being bad have something to do with the Broken Front Difs I keep seeing? Running in 2wd and the front dif kicks in, which blows it up.
Bingo!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bingo!
If that is the reason, why are not more people talking about it instead of buying a new/different yoke area to put on that is stronger?

Honestly I just a newbie to Polaris, but that coil-- if it is allowing the front to kick in while up on jackstands-- that makes more sense to look at than changing to another supposedly stronger part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anybody tell me if I removed the armature from the front diff can I still run it it keeps kicking into awd even if I don't have it plugged in and i just want to have 2x4 right now thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can anybody tell me if I removed the armature from the front diff can I still run it it keeps kicking into awd even if I don't have it plugged in and i just want to have 2x4 right now thanks in adv

1 - 7 of 7 Posts