Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Sportsman XP1000S
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

As you know I have been a guinea pig for skid plates on the Polaris 1000 S from ricochet off road.

I have been carefully checking clearances making sure there are no issues in trimming the skids as needed however I guess under extreme compression the upper front axle boots Were touching the skid plate I have since had to make adjustments to the skid plate to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

Regarding the boots they are in pretty good shape still however they have some rough edges on them where they have touched the skid plate.

** My question is what is the repair I should be planning for on these axles should I have spare axles ready to go? or would someone recommend a boot kit that can be installed. Obviously I would like the most stock option as possible.

thanks
X
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Sports equipment

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
I see no immediate cause for concern, the scuffing on the boot wont hurt its integrity.

The repair could just be a new boot, although be careful of the circumference of the aftermarket parts as they can be bigger than stock.

If you plan to sell the sikids, you should consider aftermarket specs when creating them.

·
Premium Member
2004 Sportsman 700, 2004 Scrambler 500, Various Others.
777 Posts
You’ll notice once it starts to tear. I put a tiny hole in my boot trying to get it fully seated and tapped it with a dead blow wrong. It immediately started slinging grease out with the tinniest hole. Changing a boot is also a pain and I wouldn’t do it unless I had to.

Reactions: Xpialidocious
1 - 4 of 4 Posts