Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2009 polaris scrambler 500 h.o. 4x4...while riding the other day it started jerking to the right pretty violently. i noticed the cv boot was torn and after tearing it away to get a better look, it looks as if the axle pulled out? and maybe the bearings came out of place also? just wondering if someone who knows a little more than me about 4x4 quads could pretty much tell me what the damage is, and where I need to go from here lol. Thanks for the help!...I attached a couple pics of the damage:headache:

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
It looks like the CV joint needs some grease.. But its probably bad now.
you could try to repair it.. but you will have about $30 plus time in a rebuilt kit and might not fix the problem.
Its a pretty easy job to replace one. specially since you have to remove the entire thing just to fix the CV joint..
You can find a complete axle on ebay for about $100. I would get a new one instead of trying to rebuild.

You might also want to get a new hub and strut bearing kit while you are in there.. specially if the hub doesn't have any oil in it..
Just spin the bearings when you pull them.. and check to see if they move freely and without any grinding.
Bearing kits are about $20.

theres a few vids on youtube that can get you through the axle and hub removal assembly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts