Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2009 polaris scrambler 500 h.o. 4x4...while riding the other day it started jerking to the right pretty violently. i noticed the cv boot was torn and after tearing it away to get a better look, it looks as if the axle pulled out? and maybe the bearings came out of place also? just wondering if someone who knows a little more than me about 4x4 quads could pretty much tell me what the damage is, and where I need to go from here lol. Thanks for the help!...I attached a couple pics of the damage:headache:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,590 Posts
bad cv joint. u can either replace it or get a new axel. the bearing didnt move.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Help!! it looks like maybe the axle came out some, or is that how it is supposed to be? I haven't taken off the other side to compare yet, but I am going to start tearing the bad side apart.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
If the other side is not giving you problems don't open it up. It does look as if that axle has pulled out some. I do not see any grease in that cv joint, the boot has probably been bad for a while.

The best option would be replace both sides if you are going to tear it down and be done with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts