Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you swap front axles on a 2007 sportsman 450 with 07 sportsman 500 axles. And is the frame and suspension the same.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
a quick response is

1) yes, with some restrictions
2)yes
3)yes

when switching drive shafts, you have to be careful. there are actually 3 different models of drive shafts and it depends on the production date of your atv and the donor atv.

it looks like this
PN# 1332656 (if built after 10/23/06)
PN# 1332347 (if built before 7/25/06)
PN# 1332656 (if built between 7/25/06 and 10/23/06)

if you dont know what your production date is, i can find that out for you if you want to give me your full 17 digit vin#, and/or the one from the donor machine.

PN# 1015738-067 frame, this is a straight swap

and susupension parts all appear to be the same, only thing i looked at was springs and a-arms? depending on RH or LH and what color a-arm/spring you need, i can get you the PNs for those as well

hope that helps

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the information,im still trying to fig out where everyone is geting this info? i had a guy say it was on the polaris web site but could not find a interchange chart on this stuff. I have a broke clutch and axle and want to get a cheep used part off ebay. this bike will be my girlfriends and she wont ride it hard or much so no need to go overboard with the money. thanks again for your help BLUELINE

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
i actually have access to the dealer network. during the summers i work parts and accessories at a polaris dealership. so that is how i get my information. if you need any other PN or swap info, let me know. again, its pretty easy for me to figure out

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok can you answer this

do you know if the struts are the same diam as other struts on many polaris. I have found what i think is a dif front end on the polaris i bought, springs and struts. they just dont seem to be long enough, the bike was bought at auction and the guy i got it from just wanted to get rid of it, iv fixed the clutch and and a few minor probs and when i got to the front end i found the bike had a lot of slop in the struts and the springs were painted black and were yellow under the black, i wounder if they took off another bike. do you know if the strutt fits all the way to the bottom of the strut tower, they were about 2 inches up in the tower and the bike was a little low in the front when it was all togather. iv only got $2500 in the bike and it looks like it just rolled off the factory floor. they may have wrecked it but i can find no cracked paint or marks that say that. thanks for all your help,im so ready to give this bike to my girl. she has never had her own and im tired of pumping her around LOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts