Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks, Just scored a used Moose 6ft plow off of CL. I'll post a photo of it as time allows. So we'll need to get this mounted to our 2014, BIG Boss 800 and of course need a mount plate to do that with. I looked at the Moose site and as far as I could tell, they don't build one for this machine but i did pop them off an email asking if they did. Nonetheless, I could modify whatever manufacturers plate to make this work via weld shop I work in. Does anyone know of a well built mount plate we could use?? Or a used one they'd like to sell us?? Or a manufacturer who partakes here on this forum, have one we could buy from them that would work? Like to support the folks who partake here.

thanks! :grin

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm in the process of adding a Moose plow mount plate to the B Boss's frame. It doesn't quite fit but close enough to make it work. If anyone is interested in this setup, I can add photos. Just let me know!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here is what I've got done so far. This will be a slow project but I'll post photos as it goes. The fellow at Moose said this plate "should" fit and it only "sorta" did. :smile Of the 4 U bolts which should have held it on, only one would work but I did find other holes to readily use. The drain plug was covered over so I had to drill out a hole as can be seen in many of the photos. In the 1st photo you can see a line and arrow toward a hole in the boss skid plate which I'll added a flat-iron piece so as to utilize it. This is in the front of the mount plate.

I should add that I'll not change out the front suspension springs until I find they can't handle this weight. I'll need to build the push frame and maybe I can get the plow as close as possible and help with the weight thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Is that all the mounting you're going with? With that much blade, seems like a few more mounting points would be helpful. Hard to see where you could put them without some welding fab though.

Interested to see how it turns out!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Moose supplied 4 U bolts that should have gone over the top of the 4 stirrup supports. As stated in the earlier post, they didn't fit for our 6x6. One did, but the other 3 will be bolted to holes already found in the stirrups. Plus the extra one in the front when I add a flat-iron across the plow mount plate. My photos aren't all that good but they do show all the bolts. I'll try get some better ones when I get back into the job. Thanks for showing interest!

Is that all the mounting you're going with? With that much blade, seems like a few more mounting points would be helpful. Hard to see where you could put them without some welding fab though.
Interested to see how it turns out!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got back into the weld shop this week and got the mounting plate "somewhat" done. Sorry I'm so slow in posting details, but this will be a slow project but hey, its not snowing yet! In these photos you can see the oil drain access hole was enlarged in order to work. I also added the extra plate off the front so as to add a bolt into a frame. All the side bolts go into the stirrup supports.

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I've not been posting or working on this plow setup... I've got a new job and I'm working on snow machines which is rather full time and has cut into our 6x6 plow mounting time. It has been snowing here the past few days and the forecast is white.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Ive never actually seen the big boss up close, so this may not be a fair comparison. My neighbor has a 6 wheel john deer gator and he quit using it to plow. He said the snow would somehow get caught up between the two rear tires because of how close together they are. He put the plow back on his 4 wheel gator and said it does a lot better pushing snow then the 6 wheel version. I'm sure there is a way to overcome this but the 6 wheel set up did not work for him.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Might not apply here. Seems P put lots of space between the 2 rear axles, plus we'll only push snow with pods on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts