Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to a place called B&J Trails in Bowling Green KY today. Not a bad trail for a half day trip. They have lots of woods with trails and you can ride off trail quite a bit. There is a MX track as well but it's not very well maintained. The trails themselves are not well maintained but that seemed to add to the excitement. I went with just my son who rode on the back. Not as much fun with someone on the back and would have been much better if a few more quads were with us. We did have quite a bit of entertainment though.

Not long after we started we came across a jeep stuck in the mud. I tried to pull him out but all I could do was spin my tires in the mud.

Next someone in a Polaris Ranger XP came by with a winch and tried to pull him out. He wound up breaking a A-arm and had to trailer his machine out.

The two guys in the jeep were locals and one caught a ride to get his Ford F250 4x4 Super Duty. He got stuck in the same mud hole as the jeep! :lmao:

They called another friend who stopped by in another jeep and was finally able to pull both trucks out. The jeep came out fairly easily but the F250 took quite a bit to get it out.

It was the same guy who got both trucks stuck and he decided to run the F250 through mud hole just to prove he could. He made it through fine this time by punching it the whole time through.

I decided to take my quad through several times and it had no trouble at all. I even stopped in the same hole the F250 was stuck in and slowly powered out with no problem. All in all, i had a pretty good time. I would definitely go back but only with a group of quads.

By the way, the park is privately owned by some lady who is apparently on her death bed. When I got there I could not find any place to pay. All that was there were a few old houses. There was an old man working in his shed so I stopped to talk with him. He told me that the owner (the old lady) was on her death bed and said I could just ride for free. The place seemed deserted until I came across the stuck jeep. I'm not sure if it will be open much longer but I'll likely stop by again just to see. It's only 45 minutes from my house. The address is...

3603 Barren River Road, Bowling Green, KY 42101

If anyone is interested in going some weekend I'll likely go with you if you want.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I uploaded a YouTube video. Check it out...

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
B&J? that had my mind racing for a moment...lol

·
Registered
294 Posts
That's about 2 1/2 hours from the house. I wish that I had more places close by. My closest trail is Turkey Bay OHV in LBL. That one is pretty darn rough because the dune buggies and rock crawlers have cut the topsoil down to the rock and what is left washes badly. It isn't solid rock, either. It's rock chunks the size of basketballs laying all over the rutted up hills and trails. Good place to break a bone or an atv if you are into that sort of thing.

Went riding there 3 weeks ago and had to haul my buddy and his quad, both mangled, out and take him to primary care to get stitched up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's about 2 1/2 hours from the house. I wish that I had more places close by. My closest trail is Turkey Bay OHV in LBL. That one is pretty darn rough because the dune buggies and rock crawlers have cut the topsoil down to the rock and what is left washes badly. It isn't solid rock, either. It's rock chunks the size of basketballs laying all over the rutted up hills and trails. Good place to break a bone or an atv if you are into that sort of thing.

Went riding there 3 weeks ago and had to haul my buddy and his quad, both mangled, out and take him to primary care to get stitched up.
I was thinking of going to LBL but heard similar stories about it. There really is not much around me either which is why I was hoping the B&J place was going to be good. It wasn't bad but I can't see spending more than a day if that. In addition, it's hard to say how long anyone can ride there since the owner seems to be on their way out. There is no phone number to call to get info so you just have to go there and hope it's open. It's only 45 minutes for me so I'll likely go back again if I can get some others to come along.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Silly rabbit, atv trails are for atvs. Not stock jeeps and trucks. What were these guys thinking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just saw this post. That was only my third ride in my Ranger XP. I had only been out on the trail. 5 minutes when I stopped to help out the Jeep. Funny thing was I was at Turky Bay previous week and broke a shock. Have a RZR 800s that I was looking for a place to ride and this post popped up. Same day they issued me a pass and I had to pay the annual fee. I believe I remember you out there. I think maybe your son was riding as well?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts