Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My scrambler will die if the bike is in deep enough water that the water covers the exhaust - unless I'm applying more throttle.
Is it as simple as adjusting the idle to help prevent swampage?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Pretty much normal. You need to keep enough RPM to keep pushing the water out of the pipe or it will stop air flow and stall the motor. And if deep enough it can get sucked into the motor. Turning up the idle will really only cause you shifting problems and creeping in gear. You could add a turn up on the end of the exhaust to get it out of the water if you ride in deep enough on a regular basis.

·
Registered
531 Posts
take your spark arrestor out??mine stays under water idling

·
Registered
531 Posts
Doubt it if it drops lower than 1200 it runs piss hes only having problems under water

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd like to know that I can let off the throttle when I'm in water. We frequent water and it's nice to know I have time to switch in to reverse if needed. I can't do that today. It would stall.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'd like to know that I can let off the throttle when I'm in water. We frequent water and it's nice to know I have time to switch in to reverse if needed. I can't do that today. It would stall.
did u take ur spark arrestor out?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No but I will be tomorrow. Thanks

·
Registered
531 Posts
what happened with mine is it gets filled up with dirt and mud and restricts it alot once i took it off it was a more responsive/much better under water

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh ok. Never knew. I haven't touched it since I got it.
Guess I'll just leave mine out. Not sure what good it's doing anyway.

·
Registered
531 Posts
it quiets it down a bit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts