Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have a backseat that I was installing. They give you the U bolts to put them on. Since my quad has the lock and ride system I wanted to do something with that. So I bought a new lock and ride plugs I had to make them a little bit longer. Then I lined up the backseat on my Back rack. I marked it out with tape so I knew where it sat. I removed my back rack and put it on the underneath side of the seat lined up with my tape marks. And then drilled the holes for the lock and ride plugs to go through lined up with the holes on my rack.
At this point installed everything checked it everything worked well
I was a bit worried about the plug sliding if they got wet and the passenger flipping off. I made a J type bracket up and also mounted that on the bottom of my seat so it catches the metal on my back rack , just as a safety.
Well it's all done and this is very solid on there and I feel very confident if the plugs do slip those J brackets well least catch it and give me warning

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's the bracket from under

For some reason I can't put more than1 attachment on my post

Attachments

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
"J" Bracket.... Great idea & Nice Work!! :idea: :fing02:

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
So what seat/box combo did you end up getting?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure. It came with it. I've just never used it before because of the way it mounted. It came from royal distributing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts