Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to lay it out there im new to this forum and have been dreaming about Polaris Sportsmans ever sence my dads friend let me ride his when i was 5. I'm not going to write a book but i bought a 09 Sportsman 500 yesterday after LOOKing for them for a few years and was wondering if anyone has put a backup recoil on there 09's and what it take's if possible sence they do not come with them. I just don't want to get stranded in the middle of nowhere with a dead battery.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board, and I'll be roasting in Spokane on Sat. for a wedding outside!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what does the kit include and how much is it?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
That sounds better than hiking out of the woods? And you have them for the 800 Touring too?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Your dealer should have offered you the recoil as an accesory. The reason they got rid of them was because of water. Too many people dont get the handle seated properly and that lets moisture into the housing, causing rust on the drive gear, stator, flywheel and recoil. I do agree that having a recoil is a good thing, but be sure to get the handle seated or you'll have more problems. For the price, i would hit up dirty dawg. Sounds like a pretty good deal.

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
I have '10 550 and am carrying a battery pack as a backup, with no recoil start I feel a bit better. The thought of getting 5 miles, or more, out on the ice and being stranded is not too appealing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts