Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll I got the backrest to work for 2up. As you can see I was thinking on my feet... Basically I just notched out a section of the mount so it would go further back. I left the side piece on the mount so I could still use the backrest while riding alone. So I successfully made it into a dual purpose backrest! Doesn't look professional, but looks fine to me. I'm glad I bought the lock and ride even though it is expensive, it is easy on and off...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Nice work, so the backrest would not work for 2 up when you had it in stock setup? I like this idea, seeing as I want a 570 but I hate the fact the seat is not removable on the touring.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice work, got me thinking of doing something like that. Been looking at seat/storage box, but really only need the seat part for when my kids occasionally ride.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Nice modification!!

I'd bet they would come that way factory if standard wheelers weren't recommended to be 1up only machines..... legalities.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope to try it out this weekend. It's cold and rainy here now. Might have to move it a little farther back though, which will take 5 seconds with the grinder. I was sceptical of how sturdy it would be. But it is actually more sturdy bc the legs of the backrest are sitting on the lip of the back rack.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We finally tried the backrest out yesterday. It works perfectly! Plenty of room. And looks better than any backrest I have seen.

·
Registered
26 Posts
purepolaris website has the lock & ride backrest on clearance for $89.99.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Looks like only the one for a sportsman 500 efi is on sale...
I just looked at the picture and it is not the same. Completely backwards from mine.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finished it up. I went ahead and cut the excess sticking out past the rear rack bc I didn't like using the backrest myself. It's not comfortable to me. But my wife likes it.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts