Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's I'm new this site. I have a few questions about the '02 700 twin I just bought. (1) It runs great with just a bump of the key it starts right up, but when I put it in gear (H/L/R) it knocks or rattles something awefull. It only seems to do it when it starts to engage the belt. It doesn't do it at a high idle. Does anyone have any idea whats going on? (2) It's stuck in AWD going forward, but is only in 2WD when in reverse!:puke: (3) HOW DO I GET RID OF THE DAMN POP-UP AD's on this site? They keep me from accessing the home page and reading like the first 5 posts!:firedevil: I'd greatly apreciate any help guy's, Thanx Mike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the multiple posts. My computer or something froze then put up a blank screen, posted, and it said I had doubles so... sorry for that.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
take belt cover off and check belt and clutches, sounds like belt is coming apart, as for awd symtoms, sounds like roller cage is broke in front diff

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
take belt cover off and check belt and clutches, sounds like belt is coming apart, as for awd symtoms, sounds like roller cage is broke in front diff
Thanks alot Russ, I'll check it out in the morning. That would be great if thats all it is., Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts