Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sportsman 570 and by now I know my clutch is bad by the way its worn out but it all started with my shifter being hard to shift and having to turn off my machine to get it in to a different gear then every time I would go ride It would destroy my belt within a couple hours I'm in the process of getting a new primary clutch hoping that is going to be the solution because from the videos and some stuff I've been reading it might be from a bad bearing I. The primary clutch, but I'm wondering if any body else has had this problem and if just a new primary clutch would fix it

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
9,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
9,150 Posts
Clutches need to be serviced and cleaned on a regular basis. You're not saying what year it is and if the clutches ever had any maintenance done.

You also need to service your secondary clutch at the time you put a new primary on.

Reactions: Cris1002 and MrEd

·
Premium Member
12,925 Posts
So basically the bad one way bearing is over heating your belt and that's what's destroying it. How many hours/miles on it and what type of riding do you do? As well as do you have over sized tires??

Reactions: MrEd

·
Premium Member
2017 Sportsman 850SP
2,117 Posts
Looking at the pictures, you definitely need a new primary as your sheaves are worn to $hit. Could have been avoided with proper maintenance, but thems are the breaks. Take off your secondary and make sure it gets a good servicing or is replaced if it's in as bad of shape as your primary. Then when you get everything installed, check your belt alignment and make sure it is correct. After all of that, proper belt break in is in order and you should be trouble free until the next regularly scheduled maintenance. That is of course, assuming you have a stock atv and you ride in "normal" conditions.

Good luck!

Reactions: MrEd

·
Registered
2021 sportsman 850 premium
151 Posts
Those vent holes are for cooling the belt. Lol. Just curious how many miles are on that clutch
Sorry for the laugh out loud but at this point that’s all you can do
Photograph Wheel Automotive tire White Black

·
Registered
14,477 Posts
What he said^^^^

The only clutches I've seen worse than that DID fly apart!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts