Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went back outside today after riding around the yard to find a huge puddle of gas underneath and gas at an almost steady stream coming out of the air vents on the carb. What could be causing this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gas shut-off valve in open position, carb float stuck.
So if the shut off is left open after the atv is turned off, it will still allow fuel to flow from the tank into the carb? The shut off needs to be turned to "off" when you are done riding?

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
Gas shut-off valve in open position, carb float stuck.
So if the shut off is left open after the atv is turned off, it will still allow fuel to flow from the tank into the carb? The shut off needs to be turned to "off" when you are done riding?
if the carb is working as it should then you can leave the shut off valve in the on position. your needle and seat are prob done so the carb is not working as it should. the needle is attatched to the float. when the carb needs fuel the float sinks separating the needle from the seat wich allows fuel into the carb. as fuel flows in the float goes up and when the needle goes into the seat it shuts the fuel flow off to the carb.
it's like a little valve that is run by the float. so your carb always has fuel but not too much. which in your case it has too much and is going out the overflows.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So would replacing the needle solve the problem? Or do I need new floats, too? Rebuild kit comes with new needle, but not floats.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't see anything labeled "seat" on any of the parts schematics I've looked at. Is it called something else?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts